Quantcast

All football will be over soon FINALLY!

dburatti

Chimp
Jul 19, 2001
Austin, TX
Yep, it's January, which means that the bowls games will be ending soon, including the Super Bowl. That means no more Monday Night, Thursday Night, or even Sunday all-day football. No more pre-empted TV shows when the games (always) run over. No more stupid office chatter about some lame game played in some frozen city up north.

It's pretty easy to ignore all that, but I still like the fact that, come the end of January, it'll be over for a while.

I'm so glad my life doesn't revolve around any sport but mountain biking. :)

D

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Jeremy R said:
Yep, it sucks when I am playing chess, and a 300 pound linemen drives me into the ground and dislocates my shoulder.
The same thing happens to me when I play pinochle.

dburatti

Chimp
Jul 19, 2001
Austin, TX
Okay, so my estimate is off by a week. There will be no more football for a good while come mid February. Suck it up, brainless jocks! :p

Lame remarks like the high school football team one do not change the fact that we'll all be football-free soon.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Well, since we're not quite football free yet...

who is excited for Wild Card Weekend? I am! I get to see the Pats play Sat. night...one of the few times since I moved. :D

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
If I lived in Texas, I too would be happy if the NFL season was coming to end. The Cowboys and Texans SUCK.

Well, at least the Texas will get Reggie Bush. That dude is going to take a POUNDING for a couple of years.

druber

Chimp
May 23, 2005
dburatti said:
No more pre-empted TV shows when the games (always) run over.
Yeah...I hate it when sporting events get in the way of my other mindless TV viewing. ;)

Nothing wrong with watching other people play something as long as it doesn't get in the way of you doing something.

Personally, I'd rather be forced to watch football than baseball.

eric

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I was never much of a fan of sitting around watching OTHER people play sports. I'd rather go outside and ride my bike.

Well, except for auto racing. That's the only true sport.

Nobody dies in football. :dead:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
robdamanii said:
He looks like a rat, but damned if he doesn't somehow manage to get Denver to the playoffs every year.
whoever is responsible for talent scouting, drafting and coaching of the offensive line deserves a lot of $. nipsy russell could rush for 1200 yards behind those guys.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
SkaredShtles said:
Do *you* know why I support them? :D
no idea. i would guess that living in CO would be an obvious answer, but apparently it's not so. maybe you got sick of watching the Lions suck so bad?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
narlus said:
no idea. i would guess that living in CO would be an obvious answer, but apparently it's not so. maybe you got sick of watching the Lions suck so bad?
Naw - the ski resorts are *deserted* on the days the Broncos play.

Well, compared to the weekend days on which they don't play.

Go Broncos!! :thumb:

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Its football season? Without cable you miss out on all sorts crap you hated to begin with:p