Quantcast

All Giant Glory owners - rear shock/spring setup

xemini

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
hey this thread is to anyone who owns a giant glory, just wondering what spring and rear shock settings everyone uses and how much you weigh

for me

- weight 150 lbs
- spring testing 300 feels really plush but im pretty light so thats why i decided to drop down (just switched from a 350)
- 0 preload
- 0 propedal
- 2/3 in for bottom out
- 130 psi pressure

nh dude

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Vt
I have a dhx 4.0 on the 06 glory

i have a 400 spring and run about 130 in chamber keeps it nice in stable in the travel. gives about 2 " of sag when standing on bike. I don't think i have ever bottomed it out. so i could run a lighter spring i weight roughly the same you do.

Last edited:

huntandride

Chimp
Feb 16, 2009
Reno
I have a Giant Glory FR with a marzocchi roco r. I just adjusted the sag today (After owning it over a year) for the first time because its a pain with that frame. It has a stock 550 spring and i weigh 155. It feels super plush

vinny4130

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
albuquerque
i am about 150-155 and i have been back and forth testing 300 and 350. the last race i did i was on a 350 and it felt springy (is that a word?) and i was messing with the rebound a lot; i liked the 300 but the air pressure was very high. it is a good thing i had the 350 two weeks ago i f'ed a du bushing. settings with the 300 were not far off what you said. the bike is fun but bucky. the shock location is just ****:banghead:. otherwise 8 out of ten.
09' glory dh
09' 40
09' dhx

mccdh

Monkey
Sep 9, 2008
Comox
im 210 and running a 500lb RCS spring. seems pretty good...?

wouldnt buy another GLORY though, checking air pressure, adding, decreasing, anything to do with the shock is ridiculously annoying. Glad it looks like theyre changing the design.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Well I have had 2 and just had to let mine go.

My info:
- Weight 170 lbs
- Spring Ti 450 I like a light setup so the rear tracks better.
- Preload just turned enough to hold the spring in place
- 3 Clicks on the Propedal
- Bottom Out turned in all the way
- 175 PSI Pressure
-Rebound turned in 7 clicks

I found this was the best Setup for the Fox DHX 5.0 for my riding style.

Now even better was the Manitou Revox. It had much more control and had Mid Stroke Compression were the Fox didn't

My set up:
-Spring Ti 425
-0 clicks on the Bottom out
-150 PSI Pressure
-LS Compression turned in 5 clicks
-HS Compression turned in 6 clicks
-Rebound turned in 5 clicks

I found this shock to work much better with the Glory design. The rear wheel stuck to the ground, yet still allowed me to Hop around on the trail like I like to do.

Cecil:cheers: