Quantcast

All Mountain bike races?

dejacky

Chimp
Jul 2, 2006
With the popular momentum of 5 inch travel all mountain bikes expanding, I've been curious what kind of competition leagues exist for these 5inch travel bikes like the Iron Horse MKKIII and Turner 5.Spot bikes? It seems like they wouldn't be efficient for x-country races due to the extra heft and height off the ground, so what races are out there with actual prizes ($) where these bikes shine?

Super D usually incorporates less technical downhill along with some flat pedally sections and some minor climbs as well. You race one at a time at most of them and run against the clock. These types of races are becoming more popular. Check with your local race orginizers, national series, and races like the one in Ashland, Oregon which is something like 12 miles long. Attracts both DH racers and XC guys. Super fun is what they should call them!!!

jbogner

Monkey
May 8, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
We do a race here in NYC called the "Hustle and Flow." You can enter as a team or solo, and it's made up of 5 legs- a 5 minute XC climb, a lap around the beginner jump line and pump track, a 60-second mini-DH run (with mandatory drops and steep lines virtually un-rideable on XC race bikes), a 3 minute steep paved climb, and a 3.5 minute super-tech all-mountain section that's primarily descending but with some tricky short ups. Last year, Jurgen Beneke won on a 5" travel bike with a Pike...

We do a race here in NYC called the "Hustle and Flow." You can enter as a team or solo, and it's made up of 5 legs- a 5 minute XC climb, a lap around the beginner jump line and pump track, a 60-second mini-DH run (with mandatory drops and steep lines virtually un-rideable on XC race bikes), a 3 minute steep paved climb, and a 3.5 minute super-tech all-mountain section that's primarily descending but with some tricky short ups. Last year, Jurgen Beneke won on a 5" travel bike with a Pike...
Dude, when is that race? Sounds really fun - it's on my list now.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
This past season one of the local race series had a "5*5" class for all their races. Kind of a neat idea I guess.