Quantcast

-> All mountain day <-

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
younger brother has collected alot of ink since last year....

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hi lmfao. Running a 10K race this morning. All the pain of a 5K, but twice as long. I'm going ENDURO riding tomorrow. 5 minutes downhill, 15 minutes uphill, 5 minutes downhill, 15 minutes uphill, etc etc.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Went up to meet an old rhododendron grower who unfortunately is dying from cancer so I thought I better stop by before it was too late. I am really starting to hit an age where parents dying becomes a regular occurrence. Two friends lost their dads this week. I am going to hit the garden and watch stuff grow.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
dryland training for my son's xc-ski team is on my favourite trail today. even for hiking, it's a nice trail. But it's too much for me at the moment. I can't walk on anything steep, or for more than 3km... It's a beautiful fall day. I've got to admit I'm pretty bummed I can't make it. Like really bummed.

Oh well. I guess I'll just focus on doing what I can for the moment, try and recover as quickly as possible.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
soccer for the boy at 11, then lunch, yard/garden chores, and bonfire night. will be able to get in the hot tub again tonight after my epidural thursday. back is feeling good, but probably won't try to ride for another few days.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Slept 5.5 hours last night. Most I've slept in a month.

Going to do pickup truck things in a bit. Have several thousand pounds of stones and timber to pick up on the in-laws behalf.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon primates. Just got back from coaching a Varisty Field Hockey game. It was a refreshing change of pace for me (I usually coach Modified and spend most of my day cheerleading, baby sitting and repeating myself 8,000 times). We lost but played a great game against a very skilled (non-league...we played up) team. I officially have no voice from coaching 4 games this week and pep band/homecoming battle of the classes. Hoping some hot tea works, if not...whiskey and some rest should do the trick. Maybe a nap....probably laundry and leaf blowing though.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
mom is trying to get me to eat yams from the bbq place....

not today satan....not today...

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I think it's 5 years since we did that ride, that's why I was going to give block and tackle a go to mix it up our last trip. I don't really remember hunter's though either.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Dropped my motorcycle off at a used bike consignment shop. I didn't want to deal with Craigslist morons. They listed it for more than I bought it for a few years ago. The pandemic is a hell of a thing.

Also should generate a significant "bike" budget. What to get?

Last edited:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Dropped my motorcycle off at a used bike consignment shop. I didn't want to deal with Craigslist morons. They listed it for more than I bought it for a few years ago. The pandemic is a hell of a thing.

We Are One Arrival with a custom Fox/Shimano/Magura build.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
We Are One Arrival with a custom Fox/Shimano/Magura build.

That is pretty similar to my current bike which I am perfectly happy with and plan on riding it into dust. Actually I am more than happy with the bikes I have. I'll probably just get some chain lube.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I am glad we anonymous denizens of the internets can help you find clarity.
Do you have a decent workshop space?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

what needs aren't your current fs / ht fulfilling? or do you just want to try something different? i've always been a one bike to rule them all kind of guy so i'm of little help here...

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Then upgrade your chain lube situation. Get:
- two or three new chains
- an ultrasonic cleaning bath
- a bunch of mineral turps and some methylated spirits
- some Molten Speed Wax.

I have been running this for near on two years now and even though it is considerably more faff it is a massively superior product to regular lubes. It attracts way less dirt, lasts for absolutely ages and is generally amazing.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
what needs aren't your current fs / ht fulfilling? or do you just want to try something different? i've always been a one bike to rule them all kind of guy so i'm of little help here...

Nada. I like the hardtail for urban hooning but don't like wearing out proper tires. Perhaps a narrower rimmed wheelset for some street/XC tires.

Will probably put the $$$ to some winter riding trips when the good trails are covered in snow.