Quantcast

All Nighters-no not that kind...the crappy kind...

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
This has been the week of all nighters. I think I've pulled like 2 in 4 days. I don't know when one day ends and the other begins.

For all of you that have already graduated college. Any insight? There is a 24 hour starbucks down the street so coffee is always easy to come by. I get till about 5-6AM then bonk hard.

I've started eating like it's day time. Treating 12 AM like lunch time. 3pm is a snack, and breakfest is well...breakfest. Lots of water and a multivitamin too...

Regardless, I still feel like I'm dreaming. (not in a good way) and I'm going to take this accounting final semi-drunk....

TVM, Acid Ratio, Earnings per share, P/E ratios, Liquidity, Bonds, Stock Dividends, Capitalization, Additional Paid in Capital, Cash flows aggghhhh...

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
neversummersnow said:
For all of you that have already graduated college. Any insight? There is a 24 hour starbucks down the street so coffee is always easy to come by. I get till about 5-6AM then bonk hard.

I've started eating like it's day time. Treating 12 AM like lunch time. 3pm is a snack, and breakfest is well...breakfest. Lots of water and a multivitamin too...

Regardless, I still feel like I'm dreaming. (not in a good way) and I'm going to take this accounting final semi-drunk....

TVM, Acid Ratio, Earnings per share, P/E ratios, Liquidity, Bonds, Stock Dividends, Capitalization, Additional Paid in Capital, Cash flows aggghhhh...

Here is a tip... Go to sleep. If you don't know it by now you arent gonna get it.

Accounting is easy. Debits on the left, credits on the right :rolleyes:

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Sleep is key.

I would study for a few hours then take a nap. Retention is suppose to be better if you sleep right after studying. Worked for me. Dean's list most semesters.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
When I was in college, my last exam of my senior year, I stayed up all night studying & drinking coffee. I drank a whole Box 'O Joe from Dunkin Donuts that night. So sick.. and I love coffee. I almost didn't make through the test. In retrospect just going to sleep would have been better.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
I know it's already daytime and the night's gone, but for all of you collegiate monkeys who will be doing this in the future, take note. I was given this tip by some architecture students at my school (they are known for doing several AN's a quarter), stay up all night and take a 20-30 minute nap just before dawn. You'll go to sleep when it's dark and wake up when it's light, tricking your body/mind into thinking you got more sleep than you really did.

And yeah, I hate financial ratios too, waste of my time.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
i ALWAYS pick sleep over studying. assuming you kept up with the reading and went to class you probably know the stuff already. as for papers, get them done early. otherwise :nopity:

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
19 hours of sleep later, I feel much better.

And for the whole "do it ahead of time" peeps...it doesnt work for me. I work 30+ hrs a week and race at a "kind of high level" in mtn biking...plus the snow always calls...priorities, priorities.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I always took sleep over cramming too. You'll be surprised what you can remember when you're not in a sleep deprived fog during the exam.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
The only time I chose no-sleep all nighters in college was for a paper that was due the next day and my computer "lost" a lot of work on me. My roomate kicked the power cord out of the computer and had not saved in a while.... So dumb.

An exam is about attitude preperation as much as studying. Well rested people do better than jitterey monkeys with no sleep;) Good luck man.