Quantcast

All things MTN States Cup

MikeMac

Monkey
May 18, 2006
You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!

...or maybe you can. I thought that it might be good manners to lay off the MSC posts on the Teva Games thread. There's some good info here: http://ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193711

If you have more questions/comments let's use these forums until Evan gets ours back on their feet.

Evan, Keith, Chris and I are at your disposal.

MM

MikeMac

Monkey
May 18, 2006
Straight from our pals the Swiss at the UCI, MSC #3, The Chile Challenge (May 23-26) has been named as an official World's Team qualifier for Elite Men, Women and Juniors for DH and MX.

It was also temporarily named 4X Nats for Elite Men and Women, but the official word on that has been put off until next week. Sorry for the misfire there - there's no way to edit the title of the thread.

...in other breaking news, Evan got the www.RaceMSC.com website off its friggin' a$$ and back on the job of providing information about the Mountain States Cup.

See ya,
MM

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
I'm a bit bummed that the Keystone Climax is cancelled. Out of the control of the msc obviously, but still a bummer. With the Gondola project as mentioned on the MSC web, I wonder what that means for non racing DH there this summer?

MikeMac

Monkey
May 18, 2006
Hey Mike, will you guys be running the new, semi-random UCI cadence?
Yup. Complete with light towers. Why? Because there are important national team guys that need the practice. Plus we get to make Dick Trickle (another exciting and glamorous Wisconsinite) and Shirley "Cha-Cha" Muldowney jokes all season long.

MM

MikeMac

Monkey
May 18, 2006
I'm a bit bummed that the Keystone Climax is cancelled. Out of the control of the msc obviously, but still a bummer. With the Gondola project as mentioned on the MSC web, I wonder what that means for non racing DH there this summer?

I left my meeting with the feeling that it was going to be a bit up and down, a bit unpredictable. I guess time will tell, but we're bummed too. As are the Keystone folks.

Mike

Rudy

Chimp
Dec 9, 2007
Yup. Complete with light towers. Why? Because there are important national team guys that need the practice. Plus we get to make Dick Trickle (another exciting and glamorous Wisconsinite) and Shirley "Cha-Cha" Muldowney jokes all season long.

MM
Awesome! I'm going to race 2 Euro W.C.s and the 2 in Canada. It will be great to have some practice on that gate at Nathrop and A.F.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
DB Guy 5000 rocked the results from year's past and they are now back online. If you see anything that looks wonky, please don't freak out - rather shoot Mike or myself an email or private message so we can get it taken care of. Certain things surely got lost in translation from the old host to the new one.

I'll be working on getting the forums back online this weekend, I'll post it up when I think I've got it figured out.

Dick Trickle would be proud.

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
I want to say thanks to Mike, Chris, Nate and rest of the BFP people for all their hard work to get going in 2008! Super Props to Chuter McEvan on the new MSC site. I like the new format! I'm stoked for the 2008 season!

-Billy

axlvid23

Monkey
Jun 1, 2003
Littleton
Not that college (CU) students are a huge demographic in the racing community, but we (CU) have finals on the day of May 2nd (Nathrop) and the whole following week. Not asking you to move a whole event but I'm a little bummed I'll be missing at least Saturday's event because I have a differential equations midterm (eff that). Not sure what the schedule for other schools is either. Anyway, just something to consider. It's always been a great start to the season!!!

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
Not that college (CU) students are a huge demographic in the racing community, but we (CU) have finals on the day of May 2nd (Nathrop) and the whole following week. Not asking you to move a whole event but I'm a little bummed I'll be missing at least Saturday's event because I have a differential equations midterm (eff that). Not sure what the schedule for other schools is either. Anyway, just something to consider. It's always been a great start to the season!!!
Pull some strings. Get your school's team captain to write you a little note . . . works like a charm.

MikeMac

Monkey
May 18, 2006
Speaking of Collegiates....

We obviously can't move the event. Sorry about that, but there are only so many usable weekends in Colorado and it already seems like we're scheduling around half the world's events. So yeah, we're not gonna do that, but...

What CAN we do to help you guys out this year? Brandon? Anyone?

Mike

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
Speaking of Collegiates....

What CAN we do to help you guys out this year? Brandon? Anyone?

Mike
If final d does happen, we'd love to have collegiate categories again.

If you could put in a good word for CSM with the guys at SolVista, we'd appreciate that too! (Hoping to host another collegiate there in '08...)

Thank ya sir.

MikeMac

Monkey
May 18, 2006
As you probably know, Keystone was cancelled due to contruction of the new gondola. We've got a quasi-solution in the works and I wanted to bounce it off you guys...

- Option A: Keystone drops out, we add no replacement venue
- Option B: The Enduro we've got scheduled at Snowmass on August 9-10 enters the series. The format is total vertical feet (actually, laps plus time, just like a 24-hour XC race)
- Option C: We change the format to a G3 and add it to the series

Snowmass is planning on booking a decent act for the weekend - last I heard Cypress Hill and/or Lyrics Born were being tossed around. If we do choose to add the event it would be gravity only and the concert would be free or next to free.

Discuss amongst yourselves.

Oh yeah, there's the possibility that we'd still be able to run an enduro in the early fall at a venue that might surprise you...

MikeMac

Monkey
May 18, 2006
If final d does happen, we'd love to have collegiate categories again.

If you could put in a good word for CSM with the guys at SolVista, we'd appreciate that too! (Hoping to host another collegiate there in '08...)

Thank ya sir.
Help me figure out what you need from an event - are there date guidelines, disciplines, degree of difficulty?

What if we figured out a way to make the hypothetical Snowmass G3 dovetail with Collegiate categories?

MM