Quantcast

All this rain can suck my

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
Camelback :eek:

Does anyone wanna do Skyline next week? The gates to the fireroad (for shuttling) are usually closed, so does anyone have a bigass truck to push down the barriers/ or is good with picking locks?

I did a run last week and the bigass ditch they dug finally got filled up and leveled, along with a good 500 feet of trail lol.

its still not giving up here either, and i am dying. What makes it worse is that my e.13 DRS chain guide came today but with the (NON E-TYPE) boomerang. **** THAT! I'm also waiting on my truvative 38 t chainring. Truvativ's wherehouse is about 1.5mi from me, so maybe i'll ride over there in the rain tomorrow and buy it factory direct.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
You guys could always do trailwork instead of riding. Skyline has a lot of DG that drains really well, and that trail could use a little tlc. Digging in the rain is more fun that riding, anyhow.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
SDminitrucker said:
one more thing. Will my derailer shift between a 22 t to a 38 t?
Not according to Shimano, but I know a few people who've run that combo successfully. I stick to 22/36 combos with my 4/104 cranks...24/38 works great if you have a 110 bolt pattern.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
genpowell71 said:
Trail work is easy now, so why not do some?
Once the rain stops, yeah, we will...in the meantime, it's kind of a lost cause...

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
MikeD said:
Once the rain stops, yeah, we will...in the meantime, it's kind of a lost cause...
werd.

but today is supposed to be the last day of rain right? Maybe Monday? Anyone up for that?

I kind of like skyline right now... it's rutted, but it's still do-able, and that's what makes it different from all the other stuff around here. There's only a couple places I'd really touch... there's one spot where the rut makes it awkward to ride, but I say leave the majority of the stuff as is.

What it really needs are some fat jumps/road gaps.

MikeD said:
Not according to Shimano, but I know a few people who've run that combo successfully. I stick to 22/36 combos with my 4/104 cranks...24/38 works great if you have a 110 bolt pattern.

well i just threw on the 38t, so i'll tell you how it shifts when i ride to class today. I'm still waiting on airbomb to call me back and tell me what to do about the f-ed up E.13 drs they sent me that was wrong