Quantcast

All Turners are now hardtails

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
Just saw this on the turner site. shocker.

DT sez he plotted the rotation of the rear wheel, and found that in all cases it rotated in the same direction on the hardtail prototypes and current rear-suspension Turner designs. So it made sense to abandon his suspension fixation, and focus on a truly differentiated hardtail.

the new line of hardtails will all use HTT (Hard Tail Technology) and will feature excellent pedalling behavior. :nuts:

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
mtnbrider said:
Are they going to be in production for '06?

probably not, they still are having doing final testing and analysis. like all major technological breakthroughs there will be some growing up pains with the new design philosophy.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
FINALLY!

My prayers for a hardtail DHR have been answered!

...no more worrying about pesky remote reservoirs...

I also look forward to their new line of beach crusiers... :D

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Ah they must have beat Specialized to the punch and got exclusive rights from Progressive ;)

Attachments

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
dhkid said:
ok wtf is going on?? :confused: is ther i linky i can look at?? or is this just all make belive?? :confused:
i would never joke about something this serious.

you can find a video showing how HTT works here

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
lux said:
I just clicked that, damnit!! :mad:
what, you were expecting an animated vid showing the axle path of a hardtail in action? :D :nuts: :nuts:

"they are made of nylon, and have the extra room where you need it"

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
frorider said:
what, you were expecting an animated vid showing the axle path of a hardtail in action?
No, but now I'm wondering how you knew about that site...and using the term "hardtail" in reference to it -- that's just wrong. But who am I to judge your lifestyle choices? :p

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
lux said:
No, but now I'm wondering how you knew about that site...and using the term "hardtail" in reference to it -- that's just wrong. But who am I to judge your lifestyle choices? :p
just call it the magic of the internet. you find all kinds of weird-ass things. pinkbike, for example.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I heard most of the hardtails will have ridged carbon fiber forks that wil have some flex to soak up the bumps. On there website, it said that the road bikes are going to be using 3.0 gazzis (sp?) and come only in rootbeer.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
mtnbrider said:
I heard most of the hardtails will have ridged carbon fiber forks that wil have some flex to soak up the bumps. On there website, it said that the road bikes are going to be using 3.0 gazzis (sp?) and come only in rootbeer.
And the post that killed it all...