Quantcast

Allamuchy 2007 - Who's going???

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
I don't plan on going, but I will say that Allamuchy is a fun place. It's a little more than 30 minutes from me. So, if you need someone to drive there and slap you for doing such a ridiculous race, then give me a ring.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I don't plan on going, but I will say that Allamuchy is a fun place. It's a little more than 30 minutes from me. So, if you need someone to drive there and slap you for doing such a ridiculous race, then give me a ring.
:thumb: Excellent plan!!! What are the trails like? I really don't plan on pre-riding. Are they SS friendly or not?

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
:thumb: Excellent plan!!! What are the trails like? I really don't plan on pre-riding. Are they SS friendly or not?
Not sure how they're routing the course, so I can't be sure that my comments are helpful. I've been the Allamuchy a handful of times and, from what I remember, it's typical NJ stuff- there are no hills big enough where singlespeed isn't an option, but the trail can get rocky. It's certainly not one of the rougher/est trails around here, but everything in NJ has at least a decent helping of rocks. You'd probably be fine on it, but after 24 hours....well, I don't know if it matters what bike you're riding.