Quantcast

*** AllerGMT ***

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I know summer is winding down when my allergies keep me up. So early start = early finish.

Made brats on the grill with peppers and onions last night. Drool.

Remaining part for the hardtail should arrive Wednesday. Finish that up and shake down Thursday.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

It's a raining cats and dogs....I just got my shoes wet stepping into a poodle. ***groan***

Big fat goose egg on fishing this past weekend. Heavy, heavy NE wind made the river into an ocean....if I stand still, I can still feel it - like phantom limb, only phantom boat.

Let's go get at 'em on Tuesday. Bear down on it - like a stubborn turd.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
yay it only going to be in the low 90s for the next two days then we jump back up into the low 100s. anything but the 115* we had yesterday thank you very much.

hitting the local mt store for some missing gear then I need to pack everything up so I can head out from work straight to the Sierras on Friday

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
School is back in session for the kid. Now it is back to having a bit more of a rigid life schedule, but that isn't necessarily that bad of a thing.

Ordered a Bike Yoke 160mm dropper yesterday. Done with Reverbs.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Packing our crap so we can hit the road tomorrow. It'll be nice to just have a week alone without the dogs, especially given our National Park destinations. Shame they don't really allow dogs, though I can certainly understand why not.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Last I checked it was Tuesday and why the hell not!? 2400 yard masters swim before work. I felt unusually good during said swim...must have been the good night of sleep and awesome morning dump.

Bike workout tonight:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Fun ride on the donkey bike last night. But damn, it sure is starting to get dark early now.

Got a phone call from Transition yesterday. Waiting for the follow-up. I'm excited. :brows:

I guess I should also call the doctor to follow-up on my orthopedist appointment. Approaching the end of week 8 and still have not even received a confirmed appointment for a referral for my shoulder separation.:brow:

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Mornings like this, when my alarm goes off but I don't need to jump out of bed to pee, I just can't get out of bed. I don't care what the commute will be like, or if I'll be late to work, or if I'm hungry. These rare mornings are awesomely lazy.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Day two of being back at work after last weeks staycation and high alpine riding.

I'd like to win the lottery now please.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Fun ride on the donkey bike last night. But damn, it sure is starting to get dark early now.

Got a phone call from Transition yesterday. Waiting for the follow-up. I'm excited. :brows:

I guess I should also call the doctor to follow-up on my orthopedist appointment. Approaching the end of week 8 and still have not even received a confirmed appointment for a referral for my shoulder separation.:brow:

I finally got an appointment for a hand surgeon this morning. I basically live between two large hospitals. When I tried to make an appointment I would get the run around and end up with someone's voicemail who has yet to call back. Managed to find a private practice in Kirkland that would actually answer the phone and setup an appointment.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Yesterday I turned off my alarm and got an additional hour sleep since I get in the office almost 2 hours before anyone else and the parking lot has been full by 6am (used to be 7, but they closed 2 other lots). Parked on the street and felt good about it. Today I did the same thing and I feel way better. Street parking is about $2 more and I have to feed the meter at 1 (5 hour spot), but the extra sleep is nice. I have a bus pass next 2 months to save for new bike this winter.

I have told myself that if Abbey and I ride the big bike enough, I can get a new bike (or at least a new frame/fork) that is more trail appropriate. She gases pretty early but has insane recovery. If I can get her to ride for a couple hours each weekend, I think by Spring she will be ready for some solid rides. #doggoals

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I see so many great old school bikes around town. I think old Y bikes come here to die.
my uncle fran still rides his raleigh he bought in the early 80's once in awhile....

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hi all. I cracked the stanchions on a Bomber much like that one above many years back. Good times. :D

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Morning. Life is better after a day of good sleep and knowing I do go back to work till Sunday night. Ride with little man in the trailer today, hunting setup Friday, opening day in the tree Saturday. Then two days of work and taking ten off for elk hunting/ backwoods hiking in the crazy mtns. It is entirely possible that many days of elk hunting will start and finish with a five plus mile ride in with all my gear......

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Successfully rebuilt the 2009 Pike last night. That means I can keep sending it on the dirt jumper without buying a new fork!!

I would like to mention that wearing latex gloves in 100deg heat causes my hands to turn into swimming pools/waterfalls. Went through a whole pile of gloves and my fingers were pruned by the time I was done :blink:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Today was the first day of school. It's a brand new school, so my kids didn't know anyone - not the kids, not the teachers. It was a little nerve wracking, but we made it there, and the parents we met seemed nice, as were their kids. Teacher seems a little spaced-out and mellow, but for a grade 2 teacher that's probably a good trait. We brought our youngest to meet the jr-kindergarten teacher at 1:30. He seemed to like her, and the space, so that's another good thing. with the graduated entrance schedule, he only gets a half day on Friday morning. we'll see how that goes.

work is pretty full-on so biking back and forth to school has been time-consuming and tiring. I actually had my lunch while biking to the 1:30 appointment.

I am tired already.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Successfully rebuilt the 2009 Pike last night. That means I can keep sending it on the dirt jumper without buying a new fork!!

I would like to mention that wearing latex gloves in 100deg heat causes my hands to turn into swimming pools/waterfalls. Went through a whole pile of gloves and my fingers were pruned by the time I was done :blink:
i've got spare pike lowers from i think an 06 if you ever derp yours up