Quantcast

*** AllerGMT ***

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I went climbing with my wife early this afternoon, because I had a few hours between a noon conference and a 3:30 meeting. Having a local gym is pretty sweet--less than 10 minutes away on local roads. I climbed a 5.10- as my last route of the day! I don't think I'd done anything harder than a 5.8 before. I am getting better. :)

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Just had an interesting job interview for one very interesting and well known middleware company - but there's no way in hell I am moving to NYC. :dead:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
No riding today, but did get a haircut.

Went to Thuper Awethum yesterday for some trail work and a ride. Broke a spoke about 5 minutes from the car after dropping off the saws and had to walk back. Didn't get much riding in. Sad Trail Gnome...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
early 60s iirc. the answer is in last monday's thread, i think. as for mode of (former?) employment for some reason i want to say vet tech, but i may be way off base.

after a drizzly windy day it's perfect, cool, clear porch-sittin', beer-drinkin' weather.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Good ride this evening. Dropped into some friends, "had" to continue with them -> rode a tiny bit harder than planned. Air was cool but still quite humid.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Ok MysteryMonkey, how old are you ?

Also, what do you do for a living ?

All these years on here and I don't think I've ever heard you mention either.
i try to do as little as possible.....

18 when reagan left office.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yeah. I don't think I started hucking until I was nearly 40.
I didn't huck shit until I had huck worthy terrain and a huckworthy bike. Charlottesville was dirt roady central and a steep ass XC bike was plenty for the available trails. Plenty of huckworthy shit out here and a slack ass huckworthy bike was my first purchase. Sadly aged hucking was a direct cause of my current broken state.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
For me it was less about travel than geometry. And a dropper post, game changer.
Yeah - geo was big. I went from an '01 NRS to a 2010 Reign - 1st ride on the Reign was a demo in Moab - Porc Rim. I'd ridden that trail probably a dozen times. The slack "big travel" bike was... enlightening.

Moar speed, pull up.

Dropper came about 2 years later - and yeah... def a game changer as well. I because a dropper evangelist. :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yeah - geo was big. I went from an '01 NRS to a 2010 Reign - 1st ride on the Reign was a demo in Moab - Porc Rim. I'd ridden that trail probably a dozen times. The slack "big travel" bike was... enlightening.

Moar speed, pull up.

Dropper came about 2 years later - and yeah... def a game changer as well. I because a dropper evangelist. :D

Moar speed, pull up.

No, we have been over this before. Push up for fucks sake.