Quantcast

allright guys, what bike for my wife?

fattyfat1

Monkey
Mar 22, 2005
Kelso, WA
i've narrowed it down to 2 bikes for her. 1000$ range. specialized enduro w/fox float and marz. EXR:dead: (i hate that fork) or the giant reign(sp?) with manitou stance and swinger air. (i hate manitou) the enduro has avid mechs and hozzefeller cranks:thumb: the giant has race face xc cranks and hayes hydraulic (wierd oem brakes that i have never seen) she rides agressivelly and hasn't ridden in three years cause i knocked her up (twice) she doesn't care for my stinky and hates my downhill bike, so i want to get her an all mountain that can take some abuse, shuttle mild downhill runs, whistler and cbc on seymore. granted both would need a fork change!she doesn't take huge drops, nor will she ever, she doesn't catch air, but she likes steep, tech, rocky, rooty nasty trails we all love. there it is everyone, i'm counting on you to lead me towards the light! remember, christmas is on sunday, so godspeed everyone w/ your advice! thanks, Trev

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Big Hit. If your riding CBC, Whistler, and Seymour get her a bike that will handle progression and abuse. She will get better faster. The 06 Big Hit has 26" wheels and can be ridden up hill. If that is too much bike for her get the Enduro

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
i rode a reign around and it felt pretty good. honestly i would let her decide...test riding is a sure way to see if one bike doesn't fit her very well. just because you think it would be a good bike for her doesn't mean anything!! and she will be happier in the long run
pete

fattyfat1

Monkey
Mar 22, 2005
Kelso, WA
Kanter said:
Big Hit. If your riding CBC, Whistler, and Seymour get her a bike that will handle progression and abuse. She will get better faster. The 06 Big Hit has 26" wheels and can be ridden up hill. If that is too much bike for her get the Enduro
prolly alittle too much bike. she'll still want to ride it around the lake and xc epics but have enough travel and beefiness to do bigger stuff too. she would like to have something alittle lighter than me (my xc bike is an 04 stinky w/marz. 66rc. bwaaaahaaaaaa! 42lbs. downhill bike is a canfield F-F w/shiver. 50lbs. my light bike is a p-1 w/dj3 single speed.) she dislikes them all. time to get her her own ride! last bike she had was a giant warp ds1, she really liked it. i had a c-dale super-v she rode:blah: hard to please, that woman,but w/good taste. she loves the kona dawg primo(too much money) and the s-c nomad (3500$ ohmigodtoofrikinmuchmoney)

8it

Chimp
Apr 6, 2003
NYC
allsk8sno said:
i rode a reign around and it felt pretty good. honestly i would let her decide...test riding is a sure way to see if one bike doesn't fit her very well. just because you think it would be a good bike for her doesn't mean anything!! and she will be happier in the long run
pete
:stupid:
remember that it'll be cheaper to by the higher end model of the bike you choose than to upgrade stuff like forks and brakes later. A little extra bump in price range goes a long way.