Quantcast

ALMOST got hit by another car on my bike today

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I was at the end of my lunch ride on the only part of the ride where I have ride the road in the bike lane. I am only on it for 2-3 minutes at the most thankfully. Mid way up the climb I have to do in the bike lane, some Camaro full of teenage boys swerve at me in the bike lane and yell "faggot!".

Having been hit by 3 cars in the last couple years, this did not sit well with me. So I mashed up the rest of the hill and caught up with the car full of teens. Their windows were now rolled up and they seemed pretty scared and shocked that I caught up with them so quickly. I then politely punched their window a few times asking them who did they call a faggot? They looked afraid and then traffic started to move. I then let them know to not do that to innocent cyclists on the road and ended the conversation with some spit on their window.

When I got back to the office, I called 911 and reported them to the CHP and local police. They are looking for the car now.

Kids these days...

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
In Australia you would probably get fined for road rage for punching the window and spitting at the car, as if the cops would bother chasing up somthing so trivial.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
You resisted picking up a rock and smashing the driver over the head. I'd say this is a win for anger management.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
i spit on some dude in a miata once. he was turning right on a red and i had the go from the other side of the intersection. He rolled it right as i was crossing his path and slammed on the brakes and told me i needed to watch it asshole. So I spit a huge blob of saliva on his grille and told him to pull the ****ing car over and get out. Im not tough at all, but use size to my advantage. 6'2" and heavily tattooed keeps miata drivers in their cars.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
i spit on some dude in a miata once. he was turning right on a red and i had the go from the other side of the intersection. He rolled it right as i was crossing his path and slammed on the brakes and told me i needed to watch it asshole. So I spit a huge blob of saliva on his grille and told him to pull the ****ing car over and get out. Im not tough at all, but use size to my advantage. 6'2" and heavily tattooed keeps miata drivers in their cars.
That's my thing now, telling drivers to get out of the car.

There is no point to making threats either in the driver's seat or from the bicycle. But nothing says love like getting into each other's faces and yelling/swinging.