Quantcast

Almost shot in the cross fire this morning

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
I walk into work to find 2 people battling it out across my cube with nerf guns. Every month or so one of the higher-ups here at work goes to the toy store and buys a butt load of nerf guns so that we can spend a couple of day shooting each other until these things break. This place isn't so bad.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
dfinn said:
I walk into work to find 2 people battling it out across my cube with nerf guns. Every month or so one of the higher-ups here at work goes to the toy store and buys a butt load of nerf guns so that we can spend a couple of day shooting each other until these things break. This place isn't so bad.
your job rules. or at least your boss does if he allows that.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
Giving surfing lessons on a beach in hawaii would rule, but as far as being stuck behind a computer in cube world this job isn't so bad. Does anyone else get to play with toys while at work?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
dfinn said:
Giving surfing lessons on a beach in hawaii would rule, but as far as being stuck behind a computer in cube world this job isn't so bad. Does anyone else get to play with toys while at work?
We used to. We had a ton of stuffed animals and nerf balls we would throw at each other. One slow day we gathered them all up and crouched down low and snuck into the engineering department and launched an attack.

I took a day off and when I cam back the office was covered in silly string. It seems that another department came in an launched an attack on us!

Work used to be fun.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
just this morning a guy brought in his razor scooter and he's riding that around the office. i'm gonna try some bar spins later.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I had a friend who worked at a small business where they had a couple dozen of those golf-ball sized nerf balls. They used to constantly wing 'em around the office at each other.

Well, apparently there was a real golf ball that got painted the same color as the rest of the balls, and it used to get tossed into the mix every once in a while. So they'd be going at it and all of a sudden someone would scream in pain and nobody would admit to having chucked the golf ball.

This continued until the office got outfitted with LCD screens. The graphic designer had some enormous, multi-thousand dollar unit and someone missed with the golf ball... CRACK goes the LCD panel :dead:. That pretty much ended the nerf ball wars.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
My office is about as "professional" as it gets. :rolleyes: No toys being thrown around here.

Although, one cool thing about being in payroll is at this time of year, every damn department in the company feels the need to start sending us "Thank you" gifts. At any given time, there are piles of cookies, candy, donuts, etc piled up in the break room. :dead:

Today's treat: cookies.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Last time I had a fun work atmosphere was 2 jobs ago... nerf football, wifle (sp) ball games, random attacks with rubber duckies (long story), and access to everyone's computer to play practical jokes. One guy's start-up sound was the Muppets theme song.

Plus the engineering department (all 3 of us) all rode mountain bikes - so we used to do lunch time rides and after work rides...

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
i work at a grocery store and we've played soccer and baseball in the back room...infact one day we knocked out a 9ft light bulb playin baseball with an empty 5 gallon jug as a bat...one day we had the stocker olympics, we did pallet jack racing where you basicly get on a pallet jack and race from one end of the back room to the other, we did javolin(sp) throwing with brooms, and we did a high jump on a pallet of sugar...but now they've installed a new digital video camera setup and it's a lot easier for them to rewind and see what we did when the boss isn't there...and ontop of that our district mgr can watch the video from his office