Quantcast

Aloha Thursday, Muchachos

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

The neighbors dog is a huge buzz kill. The wife who is home all day sticks it outside where it whines, for hours. I feel like putting in a gate so it can hang out in the heated shed.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Baja 1000 starts today. Motos on course now, the car and truck classes go off the line in about a half an hour. Guess there goes my productivity for the day...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
slept in until 7 am , sipping expresso and doing two weeks of trip laundry. Later we will go to the barn and clean out the horse trailer and dump the waste tanks of the camper at the barns dump station. The Dogs are loving being home and having the back yard to run around like idiots chasing each other at will after 16 days of good behavior in the camper.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
nick cave/warren ellis ticket scored....

did not find out about it until last night...

happy presale password for boston also worked for asheville...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
had to bust into shoe stash....old ones were smelling funky....also mailed off spare dead meadow/acid dad records to cousin...the post: o 0ffice was dead....

Screenshot_20211118-125721_Gallery.jpg

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
So, once in a lifetime trip, so we rented a Bentley. At least that's what they told us. Bentley quality has gone WAAY down, IMO. View attachment 167612
I think that the average quality of cars is higher, so ‘luxury’ cars don’t stand out so much anymore. It’s basically just like a nice Audi, right? (Even looks like one).

Edit: Ah ha, just noticed the badge. Point still stands though. Why on earth though?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Nope wifey wasn't hip to the awesomeness of a Jet Black Chrysler 300, but now she knows! The accelleration of a PT cruiser!
But it was $40 a day, peak season in Hawaii. So that rules. And a bike fits in the trunk.
Or more than a few Westy babies.

Last edited:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Tesla model 3 basic standard version is; lighter (amazingly), safer, better acceleration by 2 secs, better power to weight, lower drag, better suspension, better brakes, more rubber on the road, etc etc…

Quite amazing really.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Today's head against the wall: conversation with plow driver.

Me: Mathematically it is not possible for you to retire at 60

Driver: I don't agree with you.

Me: You don't get Social Security. The only acct you have, which is effectively your replacement for SS, doesn't have enough and doesn't get enough annually to outpace the amount your SS would be.

Driver: I disagree that it's the same as my SS.

Me: You can, but you're incorrect. You need to save more money into the other account you have available if you want to retire anytime before 70.

Driver: I still disagree and don't think you know what your talking about.

Me: Given I deal with this exact situation 20yrs in the future of this conversation on a regular basis, I know I am correct. You can disagree, but I am correct.

Driver: So how is this invested?

Me: We invest it for you.

Driver: Who chose that?

Me: You did. Via the website 3 years ago.

Driver: I didn't mean to do that. I want my money back.

Me: Before making that selection, you were in a cash fund that made 1.5% over the whole time period. Your RoR over the same period has been 85%. If the transaction was erroneous, we undo the entire transaction.

Driver: But that's my money.

Me: Not if the transaction was erroneous and we're refunding fees because of the erroneous transaction. We move you back to your original position and RoR accordingly.

Driver: I don't think you know what you're doing. I want to manage my own money!

Me: Great. Click this button on the website and it's all yours. My original statement still stands. It's mathematically impossible for you to retire at 60. You need an annual 55% RoR for 20 years to assume you will be able to hit you current income. That doesn't account for lifestyle creep. Good luck.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Me: You don't get Social Security. The only acct you have, which is effectively your replacement for SS, doesn't have enough and doesn't get enough annually to outpace the amount your SS would be.

Me: You can, but you're incorrect. You need to save more money into the other account you have available if you want to retire anytime before 70.

Me: Given I deal with this exact situation 20yrs in the future of this conversation on a regular basis, I know I am correct. You can disagree, but I am correct.

Me: Before making that selection, you were in a cash fund that made 1.5% over the whole time period. Your RoR over the same period has been 85%. If the transaction was erroneous, we undo the entire transaction.

Me: Not if the transaction was erroneous and we're refunding fees because of the erroneous transaction. We move you back to your original position and RoR accordingly.

Driver: I don't think you know what you're doing. I want to manage my own money!

Me: Great. Click this button on the website and it's all yours. My original statement still stands. It's mathematically impossible for you to retire at 60. You need an annual 55% RoR for 20 years to assume you will be able to hit you current income. That doesn't account for lifestyle creep. Good luck.
Perhaps he plans to die at 65? :D

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Odds the plow driver will remember this conversation when he's 80 and broke = 0%

He'll just blame Mexicans and attend a book burning to celebrate Trump Jr's 4 inauguration instead.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

His name again is Mr Plow!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Brawndo. With electrolytes. What plants crave ™.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Odds the plow driver will remember this conversation when he's 80 and broke = 0%

He'll just blame Mexicans and attend a book burning to celebrate Trump Jr's 4 inauguration instead.
he's also assuming it will continue long enough for him to be employed as a plow driver until retirement.