Quantcast

Alpha Beta Kappa.....?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
johnbryanpeters said:
It is my opinion that honors societies are, in general, Gnar-Gnar lame to the max. :mumble:
Yeah, recognition for outstanding academic achievement is really dumb :rolleyes:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
sirknight6 said:
Anyone know of, or has info on the National Alpha Beta Kappa Honors society?
i bet google does

J

JRB

Well - I wouldn't do it since jimmy dean thinks it's a bad idea.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
sirknight6 said:
I've found the different chapters for different schools, but nothing difinitive. I suppose it's a good item on a resume..
For someone with a long work history as yourself I would say it is a waste of space on a resume. Honor societies are for new grad resumes who are trying to differentiate themselves from the thousands of others with identical resumes that include little more than a degree.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
sirknight6 said:
I've found the different chapters for different schools, but nothing difinitive. I suppose it's a good item on a resume..
I can be, very much so if the resume is for a school related position.

I'm just bitter because I never got higher than a 3.75 GPA. But then again, I have never been asked what my GPA was when applying for jobs either.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Westy said:
For someone with a long work history as yourself I would say it is a waste of space on a resume. Honor societies are for new grad resumes who are trying to differentiate themselves from the thousands of others with identical resumes that include little more than a degree.
True, however for a career change, I believe it is relevant, and the career of a paralegal it, in my opinion would be relevant. This will also hold bearing on my entrance to law school.

I graduate in less then a year with a Bachelors of Science Degree in Paralegal Studies. I've already finished a year and a half...

I already qualify for a position as a paralegal, but I seem to be having a bit of difficulty in obtaining a position.. So in essence, I may as well be a new grad, per se.

*edit* well that sounded a bit stuffy.....:D

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
johnbryanpeters said:
I dunno. I got invited to one of those and when the first activity was polishing a bent I handed it back and said no thanks. There is recognition and there is meaningful recognition.
they do differ. some are fluff, but i think it's PBK that's not. ABK may well be a total joke.