Quantcast

Alpinestars BNS doesn't fit me at all

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
I don't know what to think of but my Alpinestars BNS in the smallest size XS doesn't fit me at all,the brace is rocking forwards & backwards on my shoulders.When i push the front end down on my chest the rear stabiliser lifts so it doesn't have hardly any contact with my back,the same goes the other away arround.

With the A straps mounted the front end sits nicely on my chest,but when i pull the straps for a tigther fit the rear stabiliser is going to be pushed too far onto my back(don't know if that's good or bad?).

Does it mean the Alpinestars isn't suited for me?,i know my chest is thin with a circumference of 80cm(31.5'').On the sizing chart it say's i need a XS but as i experienced it doesn't fit me.

Last edited:

illflip

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Newark, NJ
have you tried on a Leatt? i have a small chest too, and use a small Leatt. with the different adjustment options it comes with...fits perfectly. run mine with out the straps too, and everything stays in place.

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
Yes i still have one arround in a small sized,the leatt is much closer on the chest & back i''ve discoverd but the main concern was it didn't work with my Shoei helmet.Unless i make some modifcations to the brace.Reason why i bougth the Alpinestars to work better with the helmet.

The main concern i now have is the rear stabiliser on the Alpinestars is been pushed bit far on my back since the brace has a bit much room.

I hoping somebody would catch that LOL. The only time I noticed that my 2 hour 5 days every week routine ever helped me in biking was road biking.

I always get passed on the way up a climb because I'm 260lbs or I hear "can't believe you made that.. you're freakin big!"

But you know what's great about being 6'3" 260? Ever get out on your road bike because the trails are just too wet and going along when some guy says or does something to piss you off and yell back. Well then that guy decides he's a bad a$$ and pulls over. It doesn't matter if you're a UFC champion or never been in a fight in your life. That guy always gets back in his truck. Why is it always a truck?

illflip

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Newark, NJ
...i think he was more confused on how your comment has anything to do with the thread...

my weights comment was meant as a solution to fill out his neck brace

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
I hoping somebody would catch that LOL. The only time I noticed that my 2 hour 5 days every week routine ever helped me in biking was road biking.

I always get passed on the way up a climb because I'm 260lbs or I hear "can't believe you made that.. you're freakin big!"

But you know what's great about being 6'3" 260? Ever get out on your road bike because the trails are just too wet and going along when some guy says or does something to piss you off and yell back. Well then that guy decides he's a bad a$$ and pulls over. It doesn't matter if you're a UFC champion or never been in a fight in your life. That guy always gets back in his truck. Why is it always a truck?
idk, i think if i was ripped and huge i would be faster at DH, im a pleasantly plump 185 right now, and wish i could have more stamina and power.

..or i could get a 29.9 pound trek :p

Sorry Flip I was just trying to be funny using everyone's comments about trek needing to go to the gym.

I didn't mean to disrespect.

Since you're asking I think he should talk to his local dirt bike shops if he hasn't already. Maybe they will know something that willwork with his neck protector or find a better fitting one.

Oh and Demo.. It's nice to have power and not be sore but imagine throwing another 75 pounds around.

Last edited: