Quantcast

** alright I'll do it, GMT **

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Brilliant weather this morning. So me and the little dude skipped soccer and went for a bike ride this morning. I hope his lazy brother will get his ass in gear and start joining us. I do not too find a bigger bike for the little guy. Maybe test his brothers bike first and see if it will fit.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Some needed rain today, perhaps it will stop the burning.

As my psoriasis puts me at a higher risk for a lot of other bad killy things I had my DNA analysed to see if I had any other inherited risks. Good news, at very low risk for things like heart disease, Alzheimer's and diabetes.

Also confirmed a bunch of stuff I already knew. I am very white, I have a bad memory, and I have no fast twitch muscles and will never win a sprint.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. No dog problems, no Haley problems, easy drive. Waiting for something to go wrong.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies, I slept in until 7:30 which is usually a sign of not much going on. Today is the last day of good weather for a few days, must get in another quality ride.

Crap, just ripped out another pair of ankle socks, next time I'm going enduro, what are the best socks for enduro? I'm probably going to want gel infused double layers to prevent blisters.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Turning glass to sand. Part of clearing out a lifetime of hoarding. Recycling folks are particular and ambiguous as to what sort of glass they accept and the selectmen get edgy if I chuck it in the road to get ground up by traffic.
Strange. In these parts I can go to the dump/recycling center and put whatever kind of bottle in the glass recycling as long as it is the right color, or not.

Some idiot friends of mine in college decided to turn a bunch of bottles into glass with an industrial sized Hobart blender. Bottles were half full of beer and sweet liquors. The mess was amazing. Tiny shards of glass stuck to every surface. They damn near bled out cleaning up that mess.

Strange. In these parts I can go to the dump/recycling center and put whatever kind of bottle in the glass recycling as long as it is the right color, or not.
Our people don't sort by color; Never have managed to get a clear description of what they're looking for, and as I understand it, it all gets ground up to be used in pavement anyway. We have good ideas and wrap them in senseless bureaucracy.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Another day of hooks.
Saw some amazing suspensions yesterday. Got to work on rigging with some legends. Watched a guy take 4 hooks in the face as part of his 22 hook suspension. Then my friend took one in the forehead. Today is open to the public.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I am glad that both Denver and Seattle before that had single stream recycling. None of that bullshit, and it's also comforting not crossing the streams inadvertently, NTTAWWT.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I am glad that both Denver and Seattle before that had single stream recycling. None of that bullshit, and it's also comforting not crossing the streams inadvertently, NTTAWWT.
My paid pickup is single source. Much easier than sorting and storing my recoverables for monthly dump trips.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
New apple in the lunch bag today, this is called a Lady Alice. It is pretty meh compared to the Pink Lady, which still sits at the top of my list. Too bad all of the Pink Lady's were bruised as shit at the store.

It is REAL FRIGGIN humid here today. Holy balls. I'm glad I have a nice air conditioned server room to park my ass in whenever I want. :brows:

IMG_0834.JPG

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Dropping a deuce at the office. There's someone brushing his teeth, but idgaf, this feels soo good. There should be separate rooms for people who just need to wash their hands/brush their teeth/do makeup and shit... Ain't no need to combine excretion of bodily waste with primping and preening.

Had my first "real ride" of the year yesterday. Conditions were surprisingly good. I even got to test the ventilation on my new Enduro helmet... It was shorts and t-shirt weather. I don't think ventilation is going to be a problem. Fit is spot-on too, I can shake my head around with my head upside down and the helmet doesn't come off....

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I'm resubmitting (accepted pending major revision that is the one being uploaded now) a paper that has been in the works since September 2013.

The good news is that the journal to which it is provisionally accepted has an impact factor of 3.571. That's good, and will help my section get more of its bonus next year depending on when it actually gets published. If it comes out officially before July 1 then it'll be for naught since my section already got that bonus component lined up for this year.

/academiclyfe

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Dropping a deuce at the office. There's someone brushing his teeth, but idgaf, this feels soo good. There should be separate rooms for people who just need to wash their hands/brush their teeth/do makeup and shit... Ain't no need to combine excretion of bodily waste with primping and preening..
Are you in the women's bathroom? :think:

NTTAWWT.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
unfortunately not. there's just a lot more of that going on in the men's room than I ever expected. the other thing is that guy brushed his teeth for like 5 minutes. that's a long time to be brushing your teeth....
yea well i be you he hasn't had a cavity since 1993

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Tried work today, wasn't into it so I called a 3 day weekend. Will go biking in a few hours, first I need to change my saddle to not a Fizik Tundra Ass Raper Supreme. No choices locally and this is a emergency so I allowed myself to be ass raped one more time by paying far more than I should for the only mtb saddle in stock. I also looked all over for enduro socks but couldn't find any.

My legs are noodles today but if I ride it will be the first 4 ride week in a very long time. I think I am going to do repeats of the fun downhill trail and paved path that I did yesterday.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
went for a lazy shuttle pig ride after work yesterday. 3.5 laps. I'm pooped.

Still waiting for my lower headset bearing to arrive. It has gone from California to Pennsylvania. Jenson shipping to Canada (Vancouver) now sucks.