Quantcast

** alright I'll do it, GMT **

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Back from a nice afternoon of intervals, 1/2 mile down hill right from the start and about 3/4 of a mile back up on pavement. I rode my old Giant XTC hardtail with the new Maxxis Ardent 2.2 front and rear, started out at 40 psi which was fine, max pressure is 60, after 3 sessions I let some air out and did 3 more sessions. I didn't notice any difference in handling but it's all hardpack, max speed was in the low 20 mph range for all 6 runs. My old Sid is nearing the end of its life, mild corning at speed produced consistent brake pad rub. I may need a new hardtail soon, a beefy one.

That's 4 rides this week, if my noodle legs feel decent I may be able to get a few runs in on the new bike before the rain comes tomorrow.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
Back from a nice afternoon of intervals, 1/2 mile down hill right from the start and about 3/4 of a mile back up on pavement. I rode my old Giant XTC hardtail with the new Maxxis Ardent 2.2 front and rear, started out at 40 psi which was fine, max pressure is 60, after 3 sessions I let some air out and did 3 more sessions. I didn't notice any difference in handling but it's all hardpack, max speed was in the low 20 mph range for all 6 runs. My old Sid is nearing the end of its life, mild corning at speed produced consistent brake pad rub. I may need a new hardtail soon, a beefy one.

That's 4 rides this week, if my noodle legs feel decent I may be able to get a few runs in on the new bike before the rain comes tomorrow.
How are you diggin the ardents?
I'm 220# without gear on I run mine at 35psi

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
At the Chinese theatre in Hollywood for The Jungle Book. Besides the usual assortmnet of Hollywood hangers-on and wierdos, there is a Korean evangelical church of some sort out front protesting something or other and attempting to convert the dammed. The best part is the hymns. "Hory hory Rord Jesus" and "harrerujah!"s all around. It's very south-parkian here right now. I suppose it is everyday though. LA really is a very strange place.

At the Chinese theatre in Hollywood for The Jungle Book. Besides the usual assortmnet of Hollywood hangers-on and wierdos, there is a Korean evangelical church of some sort out front protesting something or other and attempting to convert the dammed. The best part is the hymns. "Hory hory Rord Jesus" and "harrerujah!"s all around. It's very south-parkian here right now. I suppose it is everyday though. LA really is a very strange place.
Moonies?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
How are you diggin the ardents?
I'm 220# without gear on I run mine at 35psi
Today I rode without any gear so probably in the 180 range, fresh rubber is always the best rubber.

I don't have any input on trail climbing but was pretty happy with how fast I rolled downhill, I missed a line rolled up and over a berm and dropped back on the trail within 10 feet without losing traction, this would not have happened on the old Kenda Karmas :)

I'm running old skinny rims, these tires have a lot of volume and might roll off if the pressure is to low, I should check what pressure I ended the ride with...

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Can't sort colors that aren't there.
hah! truth. we had one black family in our town of 1500 in rural ct growing up...

re: ardents: have been v. happy with them, despite @kidwoo 's disparagment. maybe they work well with a similarly unrideable bike? am about to switch out for the hr2/minion dhf combo. interested to see if my bike simply implodes.

drinking beers and waiting for world cups livestream

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Passed my yoga final exam today with flying colors.
graduation is sunday. w00tw00t.
ashram life is strange. I need to be around normal people soon.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Effed around with the boat again. Caught another walleye and plenty of Perch. Met the owner. He showed us how to motor steer across the current. My brother figured it out on his first try. It took me a few times. I like hanging out with my brother. He is a good guy. He told me on the way home he wants nothing to do with the boat.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Effed around with the boat again. Caught another walleye and plenty of Perch. Met the owner. He showed us how to motor steer across the current. My brother figured it out on his first try. It took me a few times. I like hanging out with my brother. He is a good guy. He told me on the way home he wants nothing to do with the boat.
Your brother is a smart man.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
boat stands for break out another thousand.....I owned 2

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Your brother is a smart man.
That doesn't stop me from wanting another boat. Him being smart doesn't afford me much. He has acres of fallow land which he sits on for no gain. Just to pay taxes on literally. Me having access to a fully functioning reliable boat is a good thing. Cheaper then bikes so far. I earn the revenue which keeps us afloat and pays the taxes on his traditions.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
That doesn't stop me from wanting another boat. Him being smart doesn't afford me much. He has acres of fallow land which he sits on for no gain. Just to pay taxes on literally. Me having access to a fully functioning reliable boat is a good thing. Cheaper then bikes so far. I earn the revenue which keeps us afloat and pays the taxes on his traditions.
Jesus dude, didn't mean for you to go all Amish... buy yer damn boat!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
hah! truth. we had one black family in our town of 1500 in rural ct growing up...

re: ardents: have been v. happy with them, despite @kidwoo 's disparagment. maybe they work well with a similarly unrideable bike? am about to switch out for the hr2/minion dhf combo. interested to see if my bike simply implodes.

drinking beers and waiting for world cups livestream
There was one black family in the neighborhood I grew up in. They got harassed pretty bad from what I could see. Home and yard regularly vandalized. Looking back I am sure they experienced an order of magnitude worse. I knew the POS families that did it, kids and parents. I didn't like it and knew it was wrong, as did my parents. I felt bad for their daughters who were my age, but never did anything about it knowing I would receive a similar fate from the same racist cunts that harassed them, as did my parents.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Posting this here, since Friday was my birthday and as such, I did a big dang old birthday adventure. Did a little ski tour in the La Sals, rode Porcupine Rim from Kokopelli down to the river, then did a booze cruise float in my friend's oar boat. Overall, it was a good day. I'll post a TR eventually. Maybe. I guess.