Quantcast

Alternative to Stan's?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Any alternatives to Stan's (you know, cheaper but work just as well) out there? Just need something for the XC rig.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Do they work as well as Stan's? Anyone know? If so...money!

Where can I find them? They're not on my Maxxis pro order form...

Edit: Score, nevermind, direct from Maxxis.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I am using Slime right now. So far so good. I was using Stans for the last 9 months before I sheared off the valve on a rock in Vietnam. Slime is way cheaper so.....

J

JRB

I have great luck with Maxxis strips. I ran over something with my front tire yesterday and Stan's sealed it, but I was leary on my run down. Wumpus had a wheel of mine on the back with latex/ammonia and it didn't seal well. I like stan's goop better. It was my first flat with Stan's. I didn't like hitting a downhill run I had rolled 10 times with a possibly leaky tire, so I am not sure I love tubeless on DH runs.

R

richcreek

what all do you need to run maxxis strips. can you use regular tires like stans and do you need some type of selent. i need a list of what i need before hitting snowshoe this comeing weekend.

J

JRB

richcreek said:
what all do you need to run maxxis strips. can you use regular tires like stans and do you need some type of selent. i need a list of what i need before hitting snowshoe this comeing weekend.
Maxxis strips and sealant. I am running regular DH tires.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Stans is arguably a better sealant, but Slime works fine if you have it.

Now to figure out the measurements on my rims...it's in MM, right? You'd think they'd make it easy...thats probably why they've discontinued them. :think:

J

JRB

What rims??? If you need the DH1s, I have a pair I will send you.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
loco said:
What rims??? If you need the DH1s, I have a pair I will send you.
Well, I'm questioning about my XC wheels, which are a Syncros Snapper (I think a Sun DS1 rim rebranded) and a WTB Powerbeam, however I figured I would order some for my DH bike too (WTB Speeddisc)...I just need to find a metric ruler. :p