Quantcast

Alternatives to Funn Skinny RL saddle?

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
OK, I need a new saddle after wrecking the cover of my Funn Skinny last ride, I've been using a Funn Skinny RL on the DH bike and a Charge Spoon on the hardtail, both very similar (both made by Velo).
What I like about them is firstly the rails are nice and durable (bent a few but never fully broken one) and the saddle is nice and narrow/flat. Are there any other alternatives I should check out before I just order another Funn. (I would have just ordered one straight away but CRC are out of stock)
It would be nice if there were something with a similar flat/minimal saddle shape but with slightly more padding on the sides for your inner thigh, does anything like this already exist?
BTW I Definetely don't want I-Beam (I break them clean off the post stupidly quickly) or Ti rails (I always snap them).

Ta.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
I used to use a Funn Skinny RL on my trail and DH bikes. After awhile, I wanted something with a little more padding like you mentioned, as the Skinny was beating up my inner thighs a little bit.
I'm now using the Transition AM saddle on both bikes, and it definitely checks the boxes- similar profile, more padding, still fairly light, still cheap and I think it will be a little more durable.

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
this being Ridemonkey I intentionally didn't mention weight!
I did however mention durability and that XC/Road saddle you've just recommended has hollow Ti rails! :eek:

so.. er.. Thanks, but I'll pass ;)

Ps. I Couldn't find a Transition Saddle in the UK, anyone know of somewhere over here that stocks them?

gav_dub100

Chimp
Aug 26, 2009
Dublin
I have a Funn Skinny on my DH bike and get on great with it, although I did notice that inner thigh thing that you mentioned! I got a Fizik Gobi OEM on my all mountain bike and that has a similar profile to the Funn and a little more side coverage. Of the 2, i prefer the Fizik but it is a tad on the pricey side though...