Quantcast

Alutech 29" DH

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
but that's got four wheels.

it's going to happpen...you can try and fight it...but now that everybody has bought 650b DH bikes, it's time to go 29.

DMdh

Monkey
Oct 26, 2011
Galicia
it starts all over again, good thing im still with de 26"

whats the advantage now? a second over 3 minutes?

sh*tty industry

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Untangle your panties, a tiny German brand making a wagon wheeled downhiller does not equal an industry wide conspiracy to force 29 unwieldy inches down your throat. If it's not for you, don't buy it.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
it starts all over again, good thing im still with de 26"

whats the advantage now? a second over 3 minutes?

sh*tty industry
I have a trail here that I have a 3:43 on using The Wreckoning. The closest I ever got on a 650B was 3:48 and I ride this like 2-3 times a week. I gave up I just don't think I will ever be able to do that without the bigger wheels again....

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Untangle your panties, a tiny German brand making a wagon wheeled downhiller does not equal an industry wide conspiracy to force 29 unwieldy inches down your throat. If it's not for you, don't buy it.
trek has also been flirting with 29" wheels. It's the next logical progression.

I too am still on 26" wheels htough.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world

Plenty of companies have been experimenting with it since there might be some legitimate applications for these bikes. I see it as an extension of / alternative to what already exists, not as an inevitable step to a new industry wide standard.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

sandro is right. while some companies have experimented with it, The Industry™ largely bypassed 29" DH in favor of 27.5". There will be a few companies that toy with it, but i highly doubt we're gonna the majority of DH bikes in 29".

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
As ridiculous as those numbers are, you would think they would have time to get the geometry numbers correct before a press release.
37.7 inch stack? What a bunch of hacks.
A 49.9 inch wheelbase/ 18 inch reach for a medium?
Its pretty much an xxl V10 size wise, its aluminum, with 29 inch wheels and tires, and it weighs 32 lbs? Either somebody is lying or their riders are dying.

MmmBones

Monkey
May 8, 2011
Porkland, OR
love the fake shaq stack, fake head angle, fake weight and marvelously optimistic upswept bar/courageous lever angle. all it needs is carbon barkbusters, dropper post and 24 spoke carbon wheels. where do I sign up everyone I don't like?

Last edited: