Quantcast

Always carry zip ties...

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Riding in Bent Creek Saturday, I came across a guy with an older Pro-Flex that had a snapped shock shaft. I just happened to have 4 zip ties...exactly the number he needed.

So lesson is...even if you don't think you'll need 'em...someone else does! Hope the ride back to Charlotte was fun fella!

:thumb:

bizutch said:
Riding in Bent Creek Saturday, I came across a guy with an older Pro-Flex that had a snapped shock shaft. I just happened to have 4 zip ties...exactly the number he needed.

So lesson is...even if you don't think you'll need 'em...someone else does! Hope the ride back to Charlotte was fun fella!

:thumb:
and duct tape. :rolleyes:

mtbman4

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
windrock
we fixed someones brake lever with some friction tape at the rock last tuesday. i mean completley taped it on! he got another run done...:)

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
AngryMetalsmith said:
Be careful about asking strangers in the woods for duct tape, it kind of freaks them out.
you officially own the world record for stoutest zip tie action ever. Great story too.
James "aka" Curious Captian on here and Andrew "aka" T-Pirate did some shuttles one weekend with us. Dude snaps his Hayes lever clean off and says..."I'm done." In steps Jack with six zip ties and a zip tie puller and saves the day. It was as stiff as new!

Best part was Jeremy standing saying "If you make that work, I'm gonna stand on my head and fart my socks off!" :love:

AngryMetalsmith said:
Be careful about asking strangers in the woods for duct tape, it kind of freaks them out.
and for those of you who know Jack: We needed some duct tape to fix my $hit and were out. So Angry Metal Smith in full DH gear approaches these two preppie looking female hikers and asks them if they have any duct tape. I have never seen two people look more scared for their life then that

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
It's a perfectly normal question to ask someone from the south. " Do y'all have any duck tape?" Response should be," Hell yeah I got duck tape, what color do you need." I guess they aint from round here.

Curiouscaptian01

It's not poo
Dec 1, 2003
California
bizutch said:
you officially own the world record for stoutest zip tie action ever. Great story too.
James "aka" Curious Captian on here and Andrew "aka" T-Pirate did some shuttles one weekend with us. Dude snaps his Hayes lever clean off and says..."I'm done." In steps Jack with six zip ties and a zip tie puller and saves the day. It was as stiff as new!

Best part was Jeremy standing saying "If you make that work, I'm gonna stand on my head and fart my socks off!" :love:
That was a sweet fix job, I rode with it like that for a month or so before I could get the cash to fix it. Zip ties always come in handy