Quantcast

Always make sure

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
You wear shoes with tread left whilst fleeing from security guards.

And another from today, just for kicks.

A620 on Wednesday. :weee:

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
madbob said:
blue said:
You wear shoes with tread left whilst fleeing from security guards.QUOTE]

knowing how to ride helps to.
No bicycles involved, this was a foot chase.

I really don't want a B&E and criminal trespass charge. It's a damn shame the two guards were fat rednecks. It also sucks that my 4 year old pair of Adidas trail runners have seen better days. :(

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
God dammit, it's infected. I even wiped neosporin all over the damned thing after I cleaned it.

And no Changleena, I don't wax. Just shave :)

J

JRB

blue said:
God dammit, it's infected. I even wiped neosporin all over the damned thing after I cleaned it.

And no Changleena, I don't wax. Just shave :)
I hope you cleaned it well first. I didn't have any issues healing with no medicine from the same type of injury. Maybe you are unhealthy.

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
loco said:
I hope you cleaned it well first. I didn't have any issues healing with no medicine from the same type of injury. Maybe you are unhealthy.
I've had plenty of road rashes like that and have never had an infection, all you really have to do is clean the thing GOOD.

Though, the fact that he went sliding through asbestos may have something to do with it...

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
macko said:
I've had plenty of road rashes like that and have never had an infection, all you really have to do is clean the thing GOOD.

Though, the fact that he went sliding through asbestos may have something to do with it...
Yeah...When I normally have roadrash on my bike, I don't even clean it and I'm fine, but due to the conditions of this one (ie, abandoned steel plant), I cleaned it out with hydro peroxide and then liberally applied neosporin. It's hurting like a bitch today, and still wet...

It doesn't help that I also went through some poison ivy. Mmm. Poison ivy.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
blue said:
I cleaned it out with hydro peroxide...
:nope:

Clean and disinfect. Soon after the skin is broken, bacteria begin to multiply in the wound, so it's important to clean it thoroughly. Flush the injured area with running water and soap. Pick out any debris with sterile tweezers. This is especially important with abrasions that occur when the body meets the road as in a fall from a bicycle. The resulting grainy "road rash," with its characteristic little black particles, may provide an unwanted tattoo if it isn't thoroughly cleaned. If you are unable to clean the wound, seek medical assistance.

After cleaning the injury, apply an antimicrobial cream, ointment, or spray as an additional safeguard against infection. Don't use hydrogen peroxide, iodine, or alcohol directly in a wound because they may damage or irritate tissue; however, they are safe for cleaning wound edges and the skin around the injury.

Apply the ointment immediately after cleaning the site; if you wait too long, the wound will form a seal that the antiseptic can't penetrate. Contrary to popular belief, a dry, hard scab does not promote healing. A wound that remains moist heals faster. Also remember that a bandage or dressing is meant to protect the injury--not create an airtight seal. An airtight wound is more likely to become infected.

You don't want the wound either too moist or too dry. Change the bandage twice a day. Let the wound air dry for a half hour, then apply more ointment before putting on a clean bandage.