Quantcast

Am I a fool for using Mozilla?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I noticed the NY Times does load images correctly with my Mozilla. This is another site which Mozilla is having problems with.

Should I switch to Firefox and Thunderbird, or should I keep struggling along with Mozilla?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
It's been a while since I've used Mozilla. What do you believe it offers you that another browser will not?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Well, I got used to the mail/composer elements of Netscape (which was really Mozilla). I am just surprised websites are not designing for Mozilla.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
sanjuro said:
Well, I got used to the mail/composer elements of Netscape (which was really Mozilla). I am just surprised websites are not designing for Mozilla.
Well you can still use Thunderbird without using Mozilla as your browser.

I used Netscape for a long time, throughout its infancy and development until it got turned into Netscape Communicator. Communicator sucked, IMO - it was incredibly bulky and I got lots of pages that didn't display right. Firefox offers a lot of that Netscape-like feel (I'm not really fond of IE), but I can't even remember the last time a page didn't display properly.

Maybe give Firefox a shot and see if it satisfies you in the way of ergonomics and such. With some different browser choices now (including Opera which I didn't like but could see why a lot of people might), I don't see a reason to continue using a browser that is making your web surfing difficult.