Quantcast

Am I a Jerk for doing this?

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
MudGrrl said:
I also grew up in hicksville.

There were some neighbors who let their Great Dane roam free.

My father objected to this based on the fact that we were always outside.

He got hold of the dog, brought it out to the woods and tied it to a tree and let it die.

He then got sent to court.
Thats really sad.

J

JRB

MancilG said:
Sorry, I didn't mind when BV did it becuase he came back and said sorry. It was dumb ass # 2 the didn't read my post of BV's post and still came up with something stupid to say.
I'm with you, bro. I liked it when stosh was the only one that didn't read the threads. Now it's an epidemic. :mumble:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
BurlyShirley said:
Dude, where you live, everyone talks like that. My favorite part about going to windrock, is driving past that trailer where there is a directv dish mounted on the back of an old big satellite dish:rofl: Cracks me up every time.
but man don't they always have a new custom chevy truck in the driveway.
image is everything.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
blt2ride said:
No kidding! What's the matter with you? Are you that much of a coward to where you couldn't talk to the dog's owner?

Just so you know, it won't take the dog's owner too long to figure out you were the one who shot their dog with a paint gun. I would expect one of two things to happen: 1) The dog owner comes to your house and gives you the beating of your life. Since you were too scared to talk to him in the first place, I would imagine you couldn't defend yourself. 2) The dog owner calls the cops, and the cops pay you a little visit.

Since you have a child, and ride a road bike, I would imagine that you're over the age of 25...too old to pull crap like this.

your a dumb ass, learn to read before you make a post like this. I would guess you are over 10 and know how to read but must be to damn lazy to fully read a post before making an ass out of yourself.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
loco said:
I'm with you, bro. I liked it when stosh was the only one that didn't read the threads. Now it's an epidemic. :mumble:
The worst part is that I usually read every post in a thread before responding :dead: - just thought it was biggins coming back to complain that he still hadn't called anyone and thought he'd just shoot at the damn thing before actually having to deal with another human being ;)

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
It looks like you tried to deal with the problem reasonably. When dealing with a dog like that, unfortunately pain is the only thing that's going to bring it around. A PB gun would sting like hell, but wouldn't actually hurt the dog. It's like a good spanking, shot out of a gun with CO2.

J

JRB

binary visions said:
The worst part is that I usually read every post in a thread before responding :dead: - just thought it was biggins coming back to complain that he still hadn't called anyone and thought he'd just shoot at the damn thing before actually having to deal with another human being ;)
I expect you to be a dumb ass. No explanation is needed from you. :D

I read every post, but when a thread grows quickly, I miss some things. I usually go edit it though.

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
I feel your frustration, I don't think it's right to hurt the dog though,
I don't condone your actions, but I can understand them.

I once rented a house and next door was a family (by family, I mean two people with a kid) that had a dog that was treated the same way, slept on the porch always wandering around, spent more time in other peoples yards, often digging through my garbage due to lack of food. Several of us had talked to them about their dog to no avail.

so after a few months, I got fed up and kidnapped their dog and dropped it off at a pet rescue place that didn't kill , yeah it cost me a $75 donation, but it was worth it for the peace at home and peace of mind.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
kinghami3 said:
It looks like you tried to deal with the problem reasonably. When dealing with a dog like that, unfortunately pain is the only thing that's going to bring it around. A PB gun would sting like hell, but wouldn't actually hurt the dog. It's like a good spanking, shot out of a gun with CO2.
:stupid: The only thing I'd be worried about was the risk of escalation. Next thing your car gets keyed or you have a wolverine in your letterbox.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
You get my approval.

First, you did due diligence by speaking to the dog owner the pooping trespass. You didn't do some pre-mediated psycho revenge scheme. And except for a few light bruises, I doubt the dog was injured in any way.

The dog owners (and everyone else) knows they better control their dog or something like this will happen again (or possibly worse).
I wonder about animal control. Will they actually come out because a dog pooped? And of course, 5 days later is a little too late.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
My buddy told me a dog down the street kept coming over to his house and sh*ting on his lawn. I told him to grab the dog and rub his sh*t all over him. He did!!!!!! The next time he saw the dog come into his yard after he sh*t he called the dog (bribed him with some ham) his wife held the dogs collar, and with rubber dish washing gloves picked up the sh*t and rubbed it ALL over the dog and sent him home. The dog hasn't been back:thumb:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Brian HCM#1 said:
My buddy told me a dog down the street kept coming over to his house and sh*ting on his lawn. I told him to grab the dog and rub his sh*t all over him. He did!!!!!! The next time he saw the dog come into his yard after he sh*t he called the dog (bribed him with some ham) his wife held the dogs collar, and with rubber dish washing gloves picked up the sh*t and rubbed it ALL over the dog and sent him home. The dog hasn't been back:thumb:

ahaahawbwawaaghaaa! that's a great idea. :rofl:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
MunkeeHucker said:
I feel your frustration, I don't think it's right to hurt the dog though,
I don't condone your actions, but I can understand them.
but it's the dog, not the owner that has the ability to harm his own properly cared for animals. or worse his child.

a man protecting his family and property should not have to fear any legal repurcussions for doing so.
it sounds like he's gone out of his way to go about this in a proper manner. talking to some people is like talking to their dog. they just look at you with that blank look, that lets you know that nothing you say will do any good.

hollowpoints.

J

JRB

valve bouncer said:
I know I'm gonna regret asking this but......??? I don't understand.
We say mailbox here. She's calling you a friggin' foreigner.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
...I've read your post Mancil - critically I might add (picked up on everything):)

Shooting a neighbors dog that is being a pest is going a bit too far. Where I grew up in the suburbs, my family had a poblem with a German Shepard mix that was next door and was leashed, but would always bark, make a hell of a racket and lunge at me or my dad when we were working in our backyard.

Well my dad checked our local ordinances and found that our neighbors dog was violating a noise clause, so after talking with our neighbor to no avail (our neighbor was a lawyer) my dad went to our town council and filed a complaint with them and the police. He had videotape footage and audio that went on for HOURS of this dog barking.

So our neighbor gets a warning from the town saying that if he dosen't shut his dog up he's gonna get fined.

It worked. And it turns out that this guy was a d!ck in his professional life as well (my dad knows some big corporate lawyers in the area, and all of them said he was a jerk) :)

Since you already shot the dog it will be pretty obvious to your neighbors who did it, so you have effectively limited your possible avenues of recourse. If you try to bring him to court or file a complaint, you will be opening yourself up to scrutiny, that to be honest, you will not pass.

So if this keeps happening all you can do now is drop some bucks on a chain-link fence to solve a problem that someone else should have taken responsibility for.

J

JRB

I've been shot with a paintball gun while riding through a kid's shoot out. It was an accident. It didn't hurt that bad. I have had dogs get their teeth kicked out by cattle and they don't seem to mind. I am sure a paintball hurts less. Just saying.

J

JRB

valve bouncer said:
Is that all? I thought I may have inadvertantly used some new slang that meant "you have an opening that accepts large packages" or something like that.
Define large. My box can't quite fit a shoebox, but it's close. Your description means that I can't get post cards or boxes. Mine indicates I can get any mail that fits. :think:

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
loco said:
Define large. My box can't quite fit a shoebox, but it's close. Your description means that I can't get post cards or boxes. Mine indicates I can get any mail that fits. :think:
I don't find it the least bit surprising that you can fit large packages in your opening.

J

JRB

valve bouncer said:
I don't find it the least bit surprising that you can fit large packages in your opening.
That'd be funny if anyone here called their bum their "opening". :think:

meh - who am I kidding??? That sh*t's funny. :rofl:

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
N8 said:
Awesome!

You are so humane... opting for a paintball gun instead of a .22 like I'd be tempted to use.
Hell yes! Out where I live you can see/don't know where the owners live so it's up to you to take care of the situation. But I prefer rat shot over .22 :hot:

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
S.K.C. said:
...I've read your post Mancil - critically I might add (picked up on everything):)

Shooting a neighbors dog that is being a pest is going a bit too far. Where I grew up in the suburbs, my family had a poblem with a German Shepard mix that was next door and was leashed, but would always bark, make a hell of a racket and lunge at me or my dad when we were working in our backyard.

Well my dad checked our local ordinances and found that our neighbors dog was violating a noise clause, so after talking with our neighbor to no avail (our neighbor was a lawyer) my dad went to our town council and filed a complaint with them and the police. He had videotape footage and audio that went on for HOURS of this dog barking.

So our neighbor gets a warning from the town saying that if he dosen't shut his dog up he's gonna get fined.

It worked. And it turns out that this guy was a d!ck in his professional life as well (my dad knows some big corporate lawyers in the area, and all of them said he was a jerk) :)

Since you already shot the dog it will be pretty obvious to your neighbors who did it, so you have effectively limited your possible avenues of recourse. If you try to bring him to court or file a complaint, you will be opening yourself up to scrutiny, that to be honest, you will not pass.

So if this keeps happening all you can do now is drop some bucks on a chain-link fence to solve a problem that someone else should have taken responsibility for.
I think I will just use green paint next time

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
valve bouncer said:
Is that all? I thought I may have inadvertantly used some new slang that meant "you have an opening that accepts large packages" or something like that.
thats all, sorry to disappoint.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Hmm.

Shooting the dog with a paintball gun is effective at keeping the dog away, but throwing acid in the face of the dog's owner is much more satisfying.

Now you know.