Quantcast

Am I a Jerk for doing this?

Fshflys

Monkey
Jun 29, 2005
Had a similar situation. I always walk my dog but one of our neighbors lets his dog roam around. Welll he likes to crap in our yard. One day he was in our yard and I got out the airsoft gun, shot him a couple times in the side, dog didn't flinch. Then I got off a lucky shot and hit him in the balls, ahsn't been back since.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
MancilG said:
I'd say the paintball gun did the job.

While I would have probably collected the dog's sh*t in a bucket and left it on their porch (or as someone suggested fling it against their door) the paintball gun probably gave the message to the dog much quicker than the owner could have.

Still, it is a bit of a dick move to pull and I wouldn't be surprised if the owner confronted you. Though it sounds like the owners don't have much of a clue in areas that their dog is concerned.

Personally, I understand the issue of another dog in the yard. When I was two or three years old I came very close to getting mauled by the neighbor's pitbull. I was playing with my dog in the front yard and a wandering pirbull attacked us, my dog got in between us and had a scar on his neck for the rest of his life from that dog latching on. My mom beat the dog off with a shovel she had. I believe the dog was put under later after my dad gathered all the neighbors in the area with kids to complain and talk with the owner. I don't remember the incident, but my mom and dad still get emotional when they tell it, I know it scared the crap out of them.

Just wondering, isn't there some type of law against letting a dog wander around? And how is the dog getting in? Is the yard fenced off or is it fairly open?

The Ito

Random

Chimp
Aug 14, 2001
Joplin, MO
I think the dog was probably more suprised then hurt. Dogs can really handle quite a bit. Once my dog was laying behind my chair and I didnt realize it so I picked up the chair to scoot back and set it down on his paw with me still in the chair, all he did was yip and run to pick up one of his toys so we could play.