Quantcast

Am i crazy to get ex823? What wheel setups do you like?

biker3

Turbo Monkey
So ive been flat spotting the crap out of my 219's on my gemini so its almost time for new wheels. Im considering a set of dee-max for their UST and non tubeless compatibilty and their weight. I only weigh 135 and im pretty smooth i guess will these wheels hold up? Ive also considered building some EX823 around chris king's. I work at a shop so price isnt really an issue. What setups would you reccomend.

thanks

and BTW if i get a 12mm thru hub is it cool for me to just run the axle through my dropouts as if it were a QR?

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
get the rims and build them on to hadley hubs imo much better hubs and cheaper to boot. hjadley makes a 10 mm bolt on axle for all their hubs and it will work beautifully with you current swingarm dawg

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Originally posted by biker3
ive got a buddy who did the same thing with a 10mm on a bighit? Would my best bet be to order the new 12mm rear swingarm from cannondale?

thanks
Considering you work at a shop, I'd say do whatever the hell you want! Get multiple wheelsets for different riding. you might as well make your gemini a race bike and then get some beefyass bike for everything else. lol.
I'm just bitching, lol.

are the ex823s the new version of the d3.1s, if so my friend has them on his v-10 and he's atleast 200 without gear and they've held up fine to him.:)