Quantcast

Am i crazy trying to trade my dirt jumper for a downhill bike

wakeeater

Monkey
Jan 6, 2007
livermore ca
About last december i built up a 07 ns bikes suburban well a month later i decided to start riding bmx and into storage the ns whent. i think i have like 2200 into that bike. just recently i have been trying to trade it off for a downhill bike since it has just been sitting and i would use a downhiller that much more

am i really that crazy?

Yeti

Monkey
May 17, 2005
yeti cave@the beach
well, for 2200 you would get an entry level dh bike or a used one. But your dj'er isn't worth 2200 anymore. I would say you would be pretty lucky if you pull this off as a 1 to 1 trade.

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
If you want to get maximum returns on the jumper, part it out.
Save all the parts you can re-use.
Get something used.
For the frame I'd recommend a single pivot bike. They have fewer parts and tend to wear better.
For the fork, Marzocchi's tend to wear the best IMO.
Ask around locally. People are much more likely to give a good deal to someone they are even the least bit acquainted with.

eliorofino14

Chimp
Jul 31, 2009
About last december i built up a 07 ns bikes suburban well a month later i decided to start riding bmx and into storage the ns whent. i think i have like 2200 into that bike. just recently i have been trying to trade it off for a downhill bike since it has just been sitting and i would use a downhiller that much more

am i really that crazy?

naw your not crazy i actually got a donwhill that i was looking to trade for a dirt jumper and your bike is the perfect bike i was looking for you willing to trade bikes?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Kid here just bought a DECKED OUT '06 or '07 Morewood Izumi for $1600.00 with Double Barrel off a guy. It looked like it hadn't been ridden. And I helped a buddy sell a decked out, barely ridden GT DHi w/ Saints, X.O and Boxxer World Cup for $1700.00 last month.

What super woody said...part that bad boy out and get a DH rig. Then find a loading dock to huck off of ASAP! :thumb:

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
naw your not crazy i actually got a donwhill that i was looking to trade for a dirt jumper and your bike is the perfect bike i was looking for you willing to trade bikes?

:think: hmmmmmmm........how old is this thread? Almost a year? Use spell check and punctuation much?