Quantcast

Am I crazy?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Check this...888RC2X on eBay, right...

http://cgi.ebay.com/2006-Marzocchi-888-RC2X-fork-Brand-New_W0QQitemZ7236481696QQcategoryZ58085QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Money order only. I say "what?", but the feedback looks legit.

However, I delve a bit further in, and I check the feedback from sales. Seller has only received feedback from people with very similar listings (location is Canada, money order only), and similar feedback scores. I go into the people who have given feedback, and their feedback is the same as this guys. In addition, there seems to be a four item genre going on...Bike forks, RC cars, and photography equipment, and computer parts. So, scam? Why would you pull this? It looks pretty damned big. Just to have an endless chain of seemingly legit eBay accounts to run through as you scam person after person? Seems like a lot of work...

edit: Reported it to eBay, we'll see what happens.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
that's a tough one. i would've been more skeptical had the feedback been left by people with lower feedback ratings. hm...interesting....

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I actually just checked this thread a few hours ago and saw the auction had ended at 700 something. Maybe I'm wrong. We should watch for feedback :p

chober

Monkey
Nov 21, 2004
Pasadena, CA
I've been eyeing his Dorados, 888s and Fox 40 w/ free Diabolus headset for the past week. He was still getting positive feedback but his auctions felt very suspicious. His listings were pulled directly off of pricepoint titles, description and all. He swapped over to private bidders, and money orders only to Canada.

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
sweet..good job man, thank god it wasn't you..good keeping an eye out and actually researching every last bit, i wouldn't have been so lucky..because of this..i'll do meeting for anything to get..parts, anything..if you aint nearby well tough **** someone is nearby.