Quantcast

Am I too old to...

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
...flip my collar up on my shirt?

I mean I was doing when it was cool in 1985. ...well '83 to '86 I believe. And I would always think that old guys that did it looked funny. I fear I may be that old guy now. But I want to be hip and cool with the youngsters.

Can I get away with it? CAN I????

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
No. It's already being phased out in the younger crowd, but if you're old enough to have been doing it in 1985 then it's out of the question.

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
Hate to be the one to say it, but flipping up your collar was never cool. Not even in 1985. It just made you look like a pooz. Sorry.

;)

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
TreeSaw said:
Magic 8 ball says: definately not! ;)
Magic 8 Ball says: I've seen you misspell "definitely" a whole bunch of times on this website. ;)

And if the popped collar looks bad on the 20-year-old phrat boys at my school, it sure as hell ain't gonna look good on a senior citizen. :D

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
dexterq20 said:
Magic 8 Ball says: I've seen you misspell "definitely" a whole bunch of times on this website. ;)

And if the popped collar looks bad on the 20-year-old phrat boys at my school, it sure as hell ain't gonna look good on a senior citizen. :D
Way to misapply this thread. I'm proud of that "phrat" reference when of course it is "Frat", hypocrite.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
DRB said:
My mom was cleaning out her attic and found a members only jacket she bought me for Christmas but never gave me.
You should thank her. The temptation to wear such a thing at an early age could have scarred you for life.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
stevew said:
You should thank her. The temptation to wear such a thing at an early age could have scarred you for life.
I'm definately conflicted about it.... I really wanted one and was pissed as a kid that I never got one...... but then again I can say that I never wore one....but then again my mom got me a christmas present that she forgot about.......

I need therapy.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
DRB said:
I'm definately conflicted about it.... I really wanted one and was pissed as a kid that I never got one...... but then again I can say that I never wore one....but then again my mom got me a christmas present that she forgot about.......

I need therapy.
Just wear it now. Slick back your hair (if possible) roll the sleeves up to your elbows and go hit on women driving Camaros and see what happens.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
DRB said:
Don't listen to all these loser MMike.

But you need to wear two polos, flipping both collars up. THEN put an oxford shirt on top of it.

Then sir you will be pimpin' to the max, yo.
NOw that brings back memories....

I know I've posted this before but

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
DRB said:

I need therapy.

That's too funny.