Quantcast

am i worried for no reason?

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
so my dr. said to give the head a week or so to heal then i could start riding on the street. so i took my bike out front today jsut to toodle around the street. and i could barely ride in a straight line! and i could hardly turn and couldnt wheelie or bunnyhop either. my balance is horrible right now. is it jsut because of the concussion? i hope this goes away as my head heals. could this be permanant? am i just being paranoid? i cant imagine life without my bikes.:help:

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
You bloody kids, have a bit of patience. As long as you don't have clear fluid leaking from your ears you'll be OK.;)

lovebunny said:
so my dr. said to give the head a week or so to heal then i could start riding on the street. so i took my bike out front today jsut to toodle around the street. and i could barely ride in a straight line! and i could hardly turn and couldnt wheelie or bunnyhop either. my balance is horrible right now. is it jsut because of the concussion? i hope this goes away as my head heals. could this be permanant? am i just being paranoid? i cant imagine life without my bikes.:help:
After a really serious head injury while riding, I was dizzy as a coot for at least six months. Give yourself plenty of time, you'll get your balance back.

John

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
^ agree with above.

Talk to your doc, but don't panic. That said, I'm becoming more of a whacko now that I've had 4-5 concussions.

Try to avoid them.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
if i were you i would get a plastic bag and cinch it firmly over your head all the way down to your neck. it will make things much less messy because in no more than 24 hours your head is going to explode. thats usually what it means when you have ongoing loss of balance fomr a concussion.

jrfor0

Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
when i got my concussion i wasn't able to ride my bike confidently for about 2 months. just give it some time and everything will be fine. just make sure you be careful for the next 5 months or so because you don't want to hurt yourself again. also, i noticed that it took my head about a 1 1/2 years to get back to normal when working with things associated with school. concussions are deffinitly eye openers.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
jrfor0 said:
when i got my concussion i wasn't able to ride my bike confidently for about 2 months. just give it some time and everything will be fine. just make sure you be careful for the next 5 months or so because you don't want to hurt yourself again. also, i noticed that it took my head about a 1 1/2 years to get back to normal when working with things associated with school. concussions are deffinitly eye openers.
I was once told by a doctor that it is really hard to diagnose a head injury. Basically, the diagnosis and recovery time is based on a pattern of past patients. My suggestion, you need to make an appointment to see your doctor again, so that you can explain to him what is going on. It sounds like everything you’re feeling right now is pretty normal, but you don’t want to risk it. After all, you only have one head, it has to last you the rest of your life…

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
biggins said:
if i were you i would get a plastic bag and cinch it firmly over your head all the way down to your neck. it will make things much less messy because in no more than 24 hours your head is going to explode. thats usually what it means when you have ongoing loss of balance fomr a concussion.
Laugh out loud post of the day.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
biggins said:
oh? what kind of bag? is a trashe bag ok?:nuts:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
lovebunny said:
oh? what kind of bag? is a trashe bag ok?:nuts:
of course....all though it may leave you too much oxygen....errrr...i mean it may leave too much room for the parts of your exploding skull and brain matter to gain momentum before colliding with the bag. if i were you i would use something a little tighter. you know like uhhhh a turkey basting bag or something like that. you also need it to be clear so you can still see while you are waiting for your head to explode.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
haha sounds good. ooo nooo! i can use the airbag from my pathfinder!

back on subject. after talking to a couple people i have decided to not ride for 3-4 weeks. but i still wanna be around bikes so id be glad to be shuttle bitch

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I don't know about you driving, when you probably can't stand for 5 seconds w/o falling over. What if you wall out the window (and you don't have your seat belt on)?

That would be terrible......that would delay the ride.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
mtnbrider said:
I don't know about you driving, when you probably can't stand for 5 seconds w/o falling over. What if you wall out the window (and you don't have your seat belt on)?

that brings up a good point. i can walk and drive jsut fine. wtf?

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
mtnbrider said:

that brings up a good point. i can walk and drive jsut fine. wtf?

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Why do the airbags matter? When I go offorading I'm going to pull the fuse out. THats what alot of people do. I've heard stories of things like bumping a tree at 5mph andhaving the airbag blow up.