Quantcast

Am or just mountain biking thread

Just Davie

Chimp
Nov 25, 2009
Berwick, UK
I ride DH alot and at times i go out and do xc, road cycling for the fitness but other times i get out on my Turner 5 spot set up with 50mm stem and 160 talas r mavic xmax wheels, I like to Climb XC and then turn off and hit the descents DH style or just find steep sections and session them hit big drops then climb back up and do something else. As we dont have chairlifts in the UK the little short travel bikes get used loads and to be honest even though you have to climb its more time spent on the bike and it keeps ya fit.

So what im trying to say is that there is no one tab for this style of riding its not DH its not XC and its not Freeride.

Can we get a dedicated AM or just simply, Mounatin biking tab?

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Why does everyone feel the need to fit their style of riding in to some sort of category? I just buy a bike I like, ride it wherever the hell I feel like and have fun. I encourage more people to do the same.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Because we are so heavily armed and have a propensity for violence. We have very specific laws concerning who can ride what and where. If you ride a DH bike you can't ever be seen in Spandex shorts or use clip less pedals or you will be shot and sent to prison (Be warned hard labor involves pedaling up the hills....) If you ride an XC bike and it weighs more then 25lbs or 11 kilos you get a severe beating with a U lock, and then get imprisoned, and when you get out you have to work as a Bike messenger in Salt Lake City UT on a fixed gear or ride a 29'er across the great divide trail then move to a halfway house in Santa Cruz CA upon completion (I also think you have to completely dismantle a old VW Jetta and put it back together before you leave Utah)... Also there are no mountains here except the Rockies and the only good riding anywhere here is in Colorado. The rest of us are just poseurs. Soon we will divide/conquer the rest of the world and you'll hate everyone not just like you also. Give us time.... Canada should take a couple of days and maybe next week we can get the UK and those pesky Euros too.... Bacon is the only thing that unifies us.... Give us your tired, poor, hungry and Bacon, and some weed if your holding.... Welcome to our little realm of cycling mysfunction and Hatred. Tell your friends about us....

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Mind you, moose bites can be very nasty.
Including the majestic møøse

A Møøse once bit my sister ...

No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse
with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given
her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and
star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo
Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst
Nordfink".

We apologise for the fault in the
subtitles. Those responsible have been
sacked.

Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

We apologise again for the fault in the subtitles. Those
responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked
have been sacked.

Møøse trained by TUTTE HERMSGERVORDENBROTBORDA

Special Møøse Effects OLAF PROT
Møøse Costumes SIGGI CHURCHILL
Møøse Choreographed by HORST PROT III
Miss Taylor's Møøses by HENGST DOUGLAS-HOME
Møøse trained to mix
concrete and sign com-
plicated insurance
forms by JURGEN WIGG
Møøses' noses wiped by BJORN IRKESTOM-SLATER WALKER

Large møøse on the left
half side of the screen
in the third scene from
the end, given a thorough
grounding in Latin,
French and "O" Level
Geography by BO BENN

Suggestive poses for the
Møøse suggested by VIC ROTTER
Antler-care by LIV THATCHER

The directors of the firm hired to
continue the credits after the other
people had been sacked, wish it to
be known that they have just been
sacked.

The credits have been completed
in an entirely different style at
great expense and at the last
minute.

Last edited:

Just Davie

Chimp
Nov 25, 2009
Berwick, UK
Your all comics ha ha ha i thought i was on a mtb forum...the amount of posts half of you have done proves that your computer gets more miles than your bikes.................................... Laterzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Oh and Hi!

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Because we are so heavily armed and have a propensity for violence. We have very specific laws concerning who can ride what and where. If you ride a DH bike you can't ever be seen in Spandex shorts or use clip less pedals or you will be shot and sent to prison (Be warned hard labor involves pedaling up the hills....) If you ride an XC bike and it weighs more then 25lbs or 11 kilos you get a severe beating with a U lock, and then get imprisoned, and when you get out you have to work as a Bike messenger in Salt Lake City UT on a fixed gear or ride a 29'er across the great divide trail then move to a halfway house in Santa Cruz CA upon completion (I also think you have to completely dismantle a old VW Jetta and put it back together before you leave Utah)... Also there are no mountains here except the Rockies and the only good riding anywhere here is in Colorado. The rest of us are just poseurs. Soon we will divide/conquer the rest of the world and you'll hate everyone not just like you also. Give us time.... Canada should take a couple of days and maybe next week we can get the UK and those pesky Euros too.... Bacon is the only thing that unifies us.... Give us your tired, poor, hungry and Bacon, and some weed if your holding.... Welcome to our little realm of cycling mysfunction and Hatred. Tell your friends about us....
Someday when a biopic is made about my illustrious life, will you do the writing?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Your all comics ha ha ha i thought i was on a mtb forum...the amount of posts half of you have done proves that your computer gets more miles than your bikes.................................... Laterzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Oh and Hi!
Given that it's the middle of the day in the US, most of us are at work, I'm not sure that we can all be riding instead of posting...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Can we all get tabs ?

Will the new system work like credits ? If so I want to get some new parts for my bike that I don't ride and a payment plan for some girl jeans and studded belt to go with my future mid life crisis. Wow this will be great, I'll finally be able to have the lifestyle that I can't pay for. Viva la Tabs.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Even though we have chased this guy off...the XC board is now "Cross Country/All Mountain." Which makes me laugh.