GTIgor

Chimp
Mar 26, 2009
Moscow, Russia

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Cool. I'm moving to India for a few years and hope to see if I can't get some good riding in. The local Hyderabad cycling club looks like it has some dirt road and park rides, but nothing spectacular...

Glad you guys had a good trip and am excited to check some of this stuff out myself!

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
MikeD - Where are you now? Kenya? I travel to Africa quite a bit. would love to bring my bike...
I'm in cosmopolitan Burundi. Check a riding thread in the Lounge here 'cuz I'm too dumb to keep up with the latest forum developments...

Doubt you make it out this way much, but I bet there's great riding in Kenya--there was a mountain bike race around the base of Kilimanjaro as part of some triathlon thing soon after we climbed it...

Ed: Igor, can't wait to see the full ride report on your Indian adventure--looks awesome!!

Last edited:

Stiff

Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Miss Washington DC
Yeah Mike, I do get over there a bit. I work for a multilateral agency on land. I've been to Malawi for work, and Uganda quite a lot, not Burundi yet. In fact I'm writing from Nigeria right now. Let's stay in touch off-line. I'm hoping to ride some big eastern African mtns.....

And...damn, I just missed a colleague's wedding in Kerala (because I was stuck in Uganda). If I had only known.

And of course, if you come through Washy DC....we have some great grey mkt trails.

Stiff

Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Miss Washington DC
Also: google Urge Kenya: a race down Mt Kenya with some well known Canuckistanis and French gravity riders last year. Vids and all. 2 DAYS self-propelled climbing and 2 hours descending. I want to do it.