Quantcast

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
This dips a little into the other thread, but I do not understand how anybody can support this clown who isn't a full-on MAGA mouthbreather. He has no policies and isn't running anything other than MAGA and "keep me out of jail". The difference between he and Kamala is astounding. If Joe weren't so old, it would be the same way. Shit, the difference between he and Romney is astounding.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This dips a little into the other thread, but I do not understand how anybody can support this clown who isn't a full-on MAGA mouthbreather. He has no policies and isn't running anything other than MAGA and "keep me out of jail". The difference between he and Kamala is astounding. If Joe weren't so old, it would be the same way. Shit, the difference between he and Romney is astounding.
because the world isn't as simple as they need it to be

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I’ve noticed that with a lot of older Trumpers they tend to project their values onto him and view him as a sort of savior. So if they are honest and reasonably decent people then they literally cannot see how D2S truly is because they themselves would never behave that way. And since they tend to only watch one news source, Fox, then they never hear about most of the crap he does. You can tell them but they won’t believe you.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
You can tell them but they won’t believe you.
That seems to happen a lot. The guy can do no wrong. He can say "I hate marines, they're stupid" then get backing from a 70 year old retired marine. I cannot understand it, but it's consistent. Another example- a person who runs a small business is a vehement Trump supporter. Trump has a record of defrauding small business owners no matter who is on the other side of the courtroom. The person still loves trump.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i will say this, there are a lot of d2s supporters where I grew up (my parents still live there). these are people who do not get out a lot, and most of their connection to the outside world comes from television (and you can guess which channels).

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Would all of you in here vote for Romney or some other Republican if Trump were the Democratic party candidate?

How about McConnell?

Pence?

Lindsey G?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Would all of you in here vote for Romney or some other Republican if Trump were the Democratic party candidate?

How about McConnell?

Pence?

Lindsey G?
That's a weird question. I probably would have voted for a romney or mccain over a wingnut like sanders or somebody from the squad. I am "pro normal" and "anti-extremist". So yeah, if the options were Trump or Romney, I'd vote Romney regardless of letters.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
I don’t think it is a weird question. The point of the question is to put “dyed in the wool” Democrats in the shoes of their Republican counterparts.

How odious does your own party’s candidate have to be before you will vote for the party whose platform you fundamentally disagree with?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I don’t think it is a weird question. The point of the question is to put “dyed in the wool” Democrats in the shoes of their Republican counterparts.

How odious does your own party’s candidate have to be before you will vote for the party whose platform you fundamentally disagree with?
I have voted for state level Republican candidates. I value pragmatism over idealism. I am sure these candidates would also be summarily rejected by their Republican peers at the national level.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
while I'm in Canada, I vote for policies contained in party platforms. I've changed my allegiances a few times based on which platforms best align with my priorities. Luckily, we have (had) more than two choices in the past... though the influence of our neighbours to the South is being felt more and more here, and we are trending towards a two party system. federally at least. the provinces have more "colour".

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons

How about McConnell?

Pence?

Lindsey G?
Yes. With nose firmly pinched.
They may be ideologically corrupted, but I don’t believe they are incompetent, senile imbeciles.
DEFINITE yes on Romney.

Last edited:

Both parties are odious and sold out to big money. The Democrats currently do less damage. Bernie has politician sickness, but I'd vote for him with enthusiasm.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I’ve noticed that with a lot of older Trumpers they tend to project their values onto him and view him as a sort of savior. So if they are honest and reasonably decent people then they literally cannot see how D2S truly is because they themselves would never behave that way. And since they tend to only watch one news source, Fox, then they never hear about most of the crap he does. You can tell them but they won’t believe you.
Looking in, it feels like some sort of distorted wish for a ultra-simplistic and narcissistically selfish version of the 1950s ‘American dream’, corrupted with fascist christian nationalism. I think too when you’ve believed in a patriarchal god all your life, dictatorship as the leadership of (manufactured) ‘crisis’ probably feels good, comforting.

It’s the complete abandonment of care for anyone and anything else that is so terrifically awful and damaging about these ideas. Withdrawal of critical medical care for women based on storybook ‘morals’ is simply evil.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Looking in, it feels like some sort of distorted wish for a ultra-simplistic and narcissistically selfish version of the 1950s ‘American dream’, corrupted with fascist christian nationalism. I think too when you’ve believed in a patriarchal god all your life, dictatorship as the leadership of (manufactured) ‘crisis’ probably feels good, comforting.

It’s the complete abandonment of care for anyone and anything else that is so terrifically awful and damaging about these ideas. Withdrawal of critical medical care for women based on storybook ‘morals’ is simply evil.
Know what the 1950s had with a strong middle class?

>90% tax rates for the highest brackets.

Make America Great Again!

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

Oh they talk about going back to the way things were in the ‘50s. A shop owner in a small rural town in PA started blathering on about returning to the era and how people talked and acted back then. My younger friend was getting pulled in a bit, but I knew exactly what his white nationalist ass meant. Fuck him !