Quantcast

Amazing bike prices!

LostBoyScout

Monkey
Jul 28, 2002
Vancouver BC
Yep, happens in every industry. I work at a wholesaler for several high end car audio brands. There are plenty of online stores selling our product for much less than suggested retail. They claim that they give warranty - but it's simply 100% not true. We will NOT warranty any of those drivers - and we are the only people who do the warranty on them, so they can't get a second opinion on that.

It's the job of the supplier to make sure his product is being distributed and sold in a proper fashion. If Brand X is having his product that he sold at OEM pricing to a manufacturer sold to the public, I can tell you I'd refuse to sell that manufacturer anything. See ya, have fun finding a new line. We here at my company are quick to inform these online stores that they better take back their false claims on their sites. I hate that crap.

I support my LBS when I can. I am not against buying over the net, or buying from these wholesalers, but I do so carefully, so that I am not screwing the manufacturer or myself over in the long run.

Face it, if we don't give any LBS our money, when we do need some technical assistance, they WON'T be there for us. In addition, who's gonna sponsor any events? Local events rely heavily on bike shops. Most bike shop owners don't drive Ferraris.. the money is going somewhere.

Okay, I'm done beating this dead horse :p Had to get it off my chest though, even if everyone else already has.