Quantcast

AMBP SoCal Membership

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
As you know we needed to delete the Baldy thread at the request of Mt. Baldy management. In the mean time you can begin signing up as members of your new organization, The Association for Mountain Bike Preservation.

We are going to take names, and contact info and issue interim memberships untill we are prepared to accept donations and dues. The website will be up soon and we will disseminate information there and have a discussion forum to exchange ideas. We have yet to write up a privacy policy, but I can tell you that we will NOT disseminate any personal information without permission.

Send an e-mail with your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address to membership @ ambpsocal.org (remove the spaces). If you have any skills you would like to donate, let us know. Everyone will be placed on our mailing list (again, this will not be made public) and we will send out messages as info comes in.

Conrad and I are keeping track of all the posts and messages. Those of you that are here in the beginning will not be forgotten. Feel free to e-mail me at mike @ ambpsocal.org (remove the spaces), or PM me here. Thank you for your support, energy and hard work. There is no way this will happen without all of you!

Mike Nunez
Association for Mountain Bike Preservation
"Downhilling? Get AMBPed!"

Below is the post from Conrad helping to explain...

OK guys, I new this was going to happen, but it's ok. Mt. Baldy has found out about our little chit chats on RM. They have asked me to stop all further discussion about the potential summer bike park. Sorry. We need to stop. This park is still a very delicate situation

We will be able to post the big news as it comes in. Like when we have trail approval and when we will have BIG trail building days. Apart from that, Mt. Baldy has asked us to stop the chitty chat for reasons that i can not give out.

If you would like to talk with me more about this you can do so via email at
conrad @ AMBPsocal.org or mike @ ambpsocal.org (remove the spaces, they are there to prevent web bots from grabbing the e-mail address and spamming us) or PM of course.

Our website www.AMBPsocal.org will be up soon. We will post info when it is up.

Thanks to everyone for the support and the cooperation

Conrad
Association for Mountain Bike Preservation

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
merrrrjig said:
How are you supposed to sign up? there is nothing there.
Send an e-mail with your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address to membership @ ambpsocal.org (remove the spaces). If you have any skills you would like to donate, let us know. Everyone will be placed on our mailing list (again, this will not be made public) and we will send out messages as info comes in.

I will put this info on the website.

NoOnEKnOsMe

Chimp
Mar 1, 2005
Coto De Caza, Ca
Is it necessary for everyone to say they sent theirs? I keep looking at this thread thinking that there is some update but find someone just put "mine's sent". If it is necessary then yeah, mine's sent.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
If supporting your local downhill/MTB community isn't enough incentive, we're working on member discounts. You know, like 5$ off lift tix, or something like that. :D

We'll be entering everyone into our database, and sending confirmation e-mails by Sunday night. Thanks to everyone for your support!

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
"Girl only like guys with skillz! Computer hacking skillz, nunchuck skillz, bowstaff skillz. I don't have any skillz!"

Yup, just sent ya'll mine.

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
NoOnEKnOsMe said:
Is it necessary for everyone to say they sent theirs? I keep looking at this thread thinking that there is some update but find someone just put "mine's sent". If it is necessary then yeah, mine's sent.
I think it's good. It gives an idea of who's in.

schweino1

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
well in that case..... i was "in" before the first post sayin "im in" or "sent" or "done" was sent.... i just didnt knew i had to confirm....

since i sent my info before ciaran added the reuqest to include the RM handle, here it is:
Name: Dan Villarreal
Handle: schweino1

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
This is great! It's so awsome to see so much support and dediction from everyone.
We went to Baldy to map trails yesterday. We'll be getting more info on the web page tonight (hopefully!). I am heading out to Fontana in a few minutes to watch the racing and schmooze a bit. :)

And remember, if you have ANY questions, comments or concerns let us know! You can reach me at mike @ ambpsocal.org for more personal correspondence. Membership requests and questions should go to membership @ ambpsocal.org.

Keep the faith everybody. So far, so good!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I just realized that we should have called ourselves the "American Free Ride Organization" A.F.R.O. :D