Quantcast

America as two countries… literally?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Christ Almighty. Market place on NPR had a story this morning about how the market is up, Bigly now, because divided government means no one is liable to tax capital gains on rich people. :rolleyes:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Christ Almighty. Market place on NPR had a story this morning about how the market is up, Bigly now, because divided government means no one is liable to tax capital gains on rich people. :rolleyes:
Militia's empowered to hurt people including elected officials, violent cop wannabes as well as cops emboldened to kill and beat the shit out of people, actual nazis finally have a candidate..........but hey brian's interest rates just dropped a point so that's all that matters!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
gridlock is king.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Hey @Adventurous
What are the chances it doesn't go like this?

1. People get evicted
2. Banks and investers swoop in to purchase glut of inventory
3. Homes get rented out or flipped for a premium within 2 years

Might be some of us poor schlubs who can get into a house, but it largely feels like another repeat of the rich get richer 2008 meltdown.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
What are the chances it doesn't go like this?

1. People get evicted
2. Banks and investers swoop in to purchase glut of inventory
3. Homes get rented out or flipped for a premium within 2 years

Might be some of us poor schlubs who can get into a house, but it largely feels like another repeat of the rich get richer 2008 meltdown.
but you're in a good position to buy; flexible (no contingent sale required), cash on hand, credit worthy.
be positive for fuck's sake!

:D

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
but you're in a good position to buy; flexible (no contingent sale required), cash on hand, credit worthy.
be positive for fuck's sake!

:D
Oh not complaining about my situation per se, I/we will be fine, just having a bit of an empathetic moment for the 40% of people in some states who will find themselves homeless.

Just another transfer of wealth from people who had either started piecing things together post-2008, or were just starting to establish themselves in adulthood.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
per se, my bro. Per SE
I primarily blame autocorrect, with my own inattentiveness playing a minor role.

Why do you hate freedom™?
Just because one has the freedom to be an unsufferable twat, doesn't mean one needs to exercise that freedom. Unless that verbiage is enshrined in the Constitution. Cause I'm an Originalist when it comes to insufferable twattitudes.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Texas Republican (of Gay Hitler fame?) calls for secession:

good.jpg

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Those dumb hicks start popping off about secession every time a Democrat takes the White House.

What they really need to do is make a good, solid step by step strategy and let us know how we can help.
If I never go to Texas again...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Course, my plan is way better, we sell it to Mexico and make a little $$$ on the side.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Article seems to include what I’d expect. It’s an issue with staffing and budget and infrastructure. Going after middle class and poor people is “low hanging fruit” since they lack the resources to put up much of a fight. Wealthy folks are going to hire accountants and lawyers to drag out the process and come to a settlement to make things “go away.” Going to battle with the wealthy could even generate some results the IRS doesn't like which set precedents that frame future arguments.

Still. Pay up. Some of these people hire lawyers and accountants to plan and optimize their tax consequences, and then still don’t even pay up? Well, as they’d say on RM...

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Time to dust of the guillotine.

“You always have those people who are struggling to get by on a million a year in New York,’’ Ms. Griffin said. “South of the Mason-Dixon line, the money goes a whole lot further.”

I wonder what will happen if the north gentrification of the south starts influencing elections.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
That must be fuckin' ROUGH for them...
My old job had a low-income property we invested in near Boston (I think) where rents were something like $2,200 a month. Low-income designation is based median income. One of our East Coast transplants knew the area and said he wasn’t surprised.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
“You always have those people who are struggling to get by on a million a year in New York,’’ Ms. Griffin said. “South of the Mason-Dixon line, the money goes a whole lot further.”

I wonder what will happen if the north gentrification of the south starts influencing elections.
You mean like georgia voting for a democrat in a national election and electing two democratic senators?

Or like maryland and virginia going blue with consistency?

Why........the answer to that is massive voter suppression laws and further gerrymandering my friend!

Last edited:

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
You ever let youtube run with it's autoplay? Like really run?

I've seen a few different names for it but it was pointed out when that shithead shot up a synagogue live in NZ. The youtube nazi problem. Basically if you let it run long enough, you always end up at crazy conspiratorial fascist shit.

I've done this before, watch a bike video or something inoccuous, just let it run while I leave for a full day of work. Every single time I did it....... come home to Q or the klan.

I think the Q shit has been mostly scrubbed but it seems to start with a mix of cucker carlson/ben shapiro and just keeps going down the hole assuming you're letting it play so you must like that stuff. It takes a while if you're watching auto repair how-to's but it still eventually seems to go there.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada

I've seen a few different names for it but it was pointed out when that shithead shot up a synagogue live in NZ. The youtube nazi problem. Basically if you let it run long enough, you always end up at crazy conspiratorial fascist shit.

I've done this before, watch a bike video or something inoccuous, just let it run while I leave for a full day of work. Every single time I did it....... come home to Q or the klan.

I think the Q shit has been mostly scrubbed but it seems to start with a mix of cucker carlson/ben shapiro and just keeps going down the hole assuming you're letting it play so you must like that stuff. It takes a while if you're watching auto repair how-to's but it still eventually seems to go there.
Have never let it run long enough to invite the Nazi's over for tea...
Saying that, I have left it to run long enough that when I got back it was like WTF? - how the hell did we get here? There are some frighteningly strange people out there. :twitch: :rofl:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
It's the inevitable outcome of letting popularity and money drive information/entertainment.

Crazy batshit with a hint of cruelty will always be more interesting than reality and kindness. Like there's no one at youtube going out of their way to do it, but it's just where the views end up pointing people. When this has been explicitly brought to their attention, it gets a shoulder shrug from these companies because their driver isn't reality or ciculating good ideas or anything. It's views, nothing more. Social media really the perfect conduit for things like disinformation and eventual fascism. And I remember just thinking napster was awesome and I could log on here and meet mountainbikers. It was so innocent when the only people on the internet had to go figure it out, even just a little bit. Some things just aren't safe for mass consumption made easier.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Society drives Cruelty over Empathy, and both are just tools of social media to make $'s.

I have this, and think I need to order in a few more in other colours.
1619718212630.png

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

I've done this before, watch a bike video or something inoccuous, just let it run while I leave for a full day of work. Every single time I did it....... come home to Q
only when I nod off watching photography videos....just led to more photography shit....no q non boudoir fashion shoots thank God...