Quantcast

American Cheese

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Become a scientist in your own life.

Try organic milk for a week. Then go back to regular milk. Just try it.

Then, go get a frozen bag of organic spinich and a bag of green giant spinach.

Take the test.

The organic stuff has obviously done something right. You can actually TASTE it. Imagine?

Now I'm not going to go off on "is it organic, or isn't it"

I prefer to buy fresh vegetables at the hippy shop. If I'm at the supermarket, I'll opt for the organic stuff when I can. "When I can"

I still eat garbage, but if you try organic stuff, you can notice a difference, in taste, and in energy levels.

Become a scientist in your own life and try it out for a week. That's what I did and look at me now? :D :thumb: :evil:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Knuckleslammer said:
Become a scientist in your own life.

Try organic milk for a week. Then go back to regular milk. Just try it.

Then, go get a frozen bag of organic spinich and a bag of green giant spinach.

Take the test.

The organic stuff has obviously done something right. You can actually TASTE it. Imagine?

Now I'm not going to go off on "is it organic, or isn't it"

I prefer to buy fresh vegetables at the hippy shop. If I'm at the supermarket, I'll opt for the organic stuff when I can. "When I can"

I still eat garbage, but if you try organic stuff, you can notice a difference, in taste, and in energy levels.

Become a scientist in your own life and try it out for a week. That's what I did and look at me now? :D :thumb: :evil:
Knuck, that's not science. That's called "anecdotal evidence" - learn the difference, please.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Echo said:
Totally incorrect. But you go ahead and eat your chemicals, trust the government to decide what's safe for you to eat :thumb:
Why do you lamo hippies always think if I choose Lucky Charms over
some overpriced small tiny box of organic cereal that taste like it was made from the cereal box itself, that is has to do with the government?
It has to do with taste buds and money, and that organic cereal is the suck at both.
Now, I know that fresh fruit and veggies are better for you, and I try to buy at my local fresh market as often as possible.
But all that crap at the supermarket like organic cereal, all natural potato chips, and those tiny cartons of soy milk that cost twice that of regular milk, Blah, Blah, Blah, that is a giant scam for chunky hippies to lie in bed at night and feel better about themselves.
Myself, I am going to eat a big bowl of generic cereal, and follow it up with a 3 hour MTB ride.:thumb:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i tried an organic IPA from Wolaver's and it was tasty.

fresh veggies/fruit are happy veggies/fruit.

best food marts i've ever been to were in Stockholm and Brugge. damn amazing fresh food, meats and fish. the US system is good, but not that good.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
narlus said:
i tried an organic IPA from Wolaver's and it was tasty.
I tried a few organic IPAs at the GABF - they ranged from excellent quality to undrinkable swill.

fresh veggies/fruit are happy veggies/fruit.
Organic or not, this is the key to healthy living, IMO. Get the most fresh food into you as you can. Replace your processed crap with fresh stuff.

best food marts i've ever been to were in Stockholm and Brugge. damn amazing fresh food, meats and fish. the US system is good, but not that good.
Yeah. I think it has alot to do with the fact that so much of our stuff is shipped in from CA. I'll bet CA has some great local markets. :mad:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Jeremy R said:
Why do you lamo hippies always think if I choose Lucky Charms over
some overpriced small tiny box of organic cereal that taste like it was made from the cereal box itself, that is has to do with the government?
It has to do with taste buds and money, and that organic cereal is the suck at both.
Now, I know that fresh fruit and veggies are better for you, and I try to buy at my local fresh market as often as possible.
But all that crap at the supermarket like organic cereal, all natural potato chips, and those tiny cartons of soy milk that cost twice that of regular milk, Blah, Blah, Blah, that is a giant scam for chunky hippies to lie in bed at night and feel better about themselves.
Myself, I am going to eat a big bowl of generic cereal, and follow it up with a 3 hour MTB ride.:thumb:
I don't eat cereal. Organic or otherwise.

face

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
northern utah
OGRipper said:
sounds a little "conspiracy theory" there don't you think?

Meh, all you blue cheese lovers are eating moldy cheese too, just without the dye. :eviltongu
no i just like cheese that doesn't stick to the roof of my mouth like peanut butter. everytime i eat i think: oh crap i didn't peal that plastic wrapper off again and now i have to take my delicious sandwich apart to find that i just have crappy cheese on my sandwich

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
A few months ago after getting very stoned in a very rich girls house, myself and the ladyfriend wandered upstairs and made ourselves rich people quesadillas out of muenster and gouda cheese...ohhh...those were the best quesadillas i've ever had...ami cheese sucks. Or maybe it was the THC impairing my judgement... :p

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
farmers use human waste as fertalizer. I seen it in a movie..

some salt IS white you dumb hippie!!!

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
So what half of you are saying is whether it is organic or not, the taste might not be different, and it might not be more healthy. But I think that we all agree that it is better to eat foods that are not super processed. Am I right? Personally, I kinda like it when I can pronounce most or all of the names of the ingredients in the food I'm eating. ;)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
dwaugh said:
So what half of you are saying is whether it is organic or not, the taste might not be different, and it might not be more healthy. But I think that we all agree that it is better to eat foods that are not super processed. Am I right? Personally, I kinda like it when I can pronounce most or all of the names of the ingredients in the food I'm eating. ;)
Absolutely. You're much better off eating more rather than less processed food.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Knuckleslammer said:
WER F'N D

Right on brutha. Ok, you folks do yourself a favor. Next time you buy a healthy choice dinner, look at the ingredients :thumb:

Healthy ha?

The problem with food in the US, is that everything in a box is DEAD. Like it or not. For the body to properly function, you need enzymes, and minerals and nutrients.

If I buy a box of crackers, I expect to see the following.
Wheat, flour, salt.

I do not need 5000 ingredients in my crackers. WTF?

Here's what I've done and I notice a 90% difference in my energy levels.

Buy Organically grown vegtables. Not from Shaws or a supermarket, but from a local Earthy Crunchy Washed up store that has hippies working in it.

Buy free range unprocessed eggs.

Buy REAL SALT. Contrary to popular belief, salt is not white. I'm not going to go into detail of how they make it white.

Here's an awesome recipe that will give you tons of energy.

Scrambled eggs with organic spinach on top, with organic cottage cheese on top of that. Cyanne pepper atop that and some REAL salt on top.

This is a damn good meal. And what I've noticed is after eating stuff like this, I'm not hungry for hours.

Try Organic milk for a week. Then go back to the chemical laden regular milk. You'll barf your brains out.

Buy REAL BUTTER. Not the CRAP that the store sells.

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S NOT BUTTER. Well guess what IDIOT, it's not.

WTF?

I can't believe people are such gullable fools. They'll believe anything that is said on tv and consider it the almighty gospel. The truth is in the ingredients. WAKE THE **** UP.

Knuckle
Jeez I think Knuck is my alter ego. I should hire both Knuck and Echo. We need more passionate people in the health food industry...D

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
SkaredShtles said:
Ummm...... I hate to break it to you, but the "organic" label doesn't actually guarantee you anything.
Completely false, I do this for a living. Please speak about what you know....D

face

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
northern utah
Echo said:
Yeah like the stuff that's dried up on my helmet straps after a 24 hour race... it's salt, but I don't wanna put it on my popcorn :D
have you seen the bonneville salt flats, it's white and they scoop salt up by the truckload there

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
SkaredShtles said:
Is the guarantee backed up by a government agency?

by various independent and some government bodies. I don't really want to get into a huge debate about organics and certification...but there are some things that are guaranteed: No radiated food or GMO's etc.....D

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
BMXman said:
Completely false, I do this for a living. Please speak about what you know....D
Well it ensures that you will be parted from a few more dallors than you would be otherwise. ;)

face

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
northern utah
how does a forum about cheese turn into a hissy fit about organic foods being better than non-organic foods but i dont really care so please, proceed

Tenchiro

Jul 19, 2002
New England
face said:
how does a forum about cheese turn into a hissy fit about organic foods being better than non-organic foods but i dont really care so please, proceed
You must be new to the internet. :p

Tenchiro

Jul 19, 2002
New England
It boils down to this, hijacking threads and totally derailing the original topic is kind of game. :D

Plus it is fun to argue.

face

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
northern utah
your right let me try now......
you guys are all idiots the best food you can eat is taco time. toxified sour cream and stale tortillas plus the drive-thru girls are cute

Tenchiro

Jul 19, 2002
New England
Be sneakier,try something like;

"That's why I like Taco Time, they always have the best ingredients and the most authentic Mexican food."

People won't know what hit them. :D

Tenchiro

Jul 19, 2002
New England
narlus said:
BMXman, how are GMOs not considered organic? genetic mutation and selection for these traits is how most of our current crops got there.
That's what I wonder as people have been genetically modifing crops for hundreds of years. In fact almost every fruit or veggie we have has been modified at one point in time.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
I'll take two double deckers, one chili cheese burrito, a water, and I would like fire sauce please. ;) We know the managers for Taco Bell in Bellingham so I have a lifetime supply of fire sauce, I love that stuff.