Quantcast

American Dad

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
They are bringing it back. Something like March 6th, I believe.
OH, and American Dad is HILARIOUS! I have an episode on my Family Guy Freakin' Sweet Collection. well worth it. new episodes of fg are gonna be rockin' like dokken.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
I wasn't very impressed, but it had some funny moments. Seemed rather formulated. I'll give it a chance though, since I wasn't that thrilled with the debut of Family Guy and that turned out to be an awesome show.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Resounding thumbs-down. The attempts at more topical humor, especially, fell completely flat.

MD

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
i thought it was pretty good, it is a bit scripted (anyone think the fish and stewy from family guy were a bit simliar)...i dunno i still found it funny though...

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
MtnBikerChk said:
first thing I thought:

talking fish=brian.
The son is also the same as that nerd that chases Megan around, and the father is a lot like Joe, the cop in the wheelchair...

The alien is kind of like an effeminate Brian in a way, too.

And the 'liberal daughter' isn't making much of a character besides (dare I say it about a cartoon?) a cardboard cutout.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Well at least I wasn't the only one dissapointed that I watched 45 minutes of the superbowl and post game wrap up crap just to see what could have been a great Simpsons, but Homer fell flat on his face by using one of Ned's dumb bible stories. Homer could have at least used on one of Ned's bloody shows and the audience taken Marge's stance or something. So after that dissapointment this American Dad seemed too much like the Family Guy but with more un-PC jokes to the point of annoyance. Maybe subsequent episodes will be better, but at this point I've got pretty low expectations.

Blah, a wasted sunday evening.