American idol

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
dh girlie said:
Reality TV is no worse or different that going to a movie, unless of course it's a real true documentary, or reading a fiction novel, or watching a sit com or any untrue tv show, or sitting on the internet all day...stuffy bastard!
Just answer the question.......... was I *baggin'* on you??? :think:

-S.S.-

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
SkaredShtles said:
Yep! The main difference is that documentaries usually try to cover some topic that is interesting to intelligent people. :p

-S.S.-

Heh...

I actually studied documentary films in skool quite a bit.

I never did claim too much intelligence, probably why I like reality TV.

There is less psychic tramua in American Idol than in oh, Night and Fog or Triumph of the Will.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
ummbikes said:
<snip>
There is less psychic tramua in American Idol than in oh, Night and Fog or Triumph of the Will.
You make it sound like there's something wrong with a little psychic trauma..... :think:

I've heard that Leni Riefenstahl was one of the best filmmakers of her era.

-S.S.-

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
SkaredShtles said:
It is. :D

-S.S.-
Jesus, man! I TOLD you already once today! I almost ALWAYS CMA, and I did so here...why are you so on my ass lately! :eviltongu :D

dh girlie said:
Reality TV is no worse or different that going to a movie, unless of course it's a real true documentary, or reading a fiction novel, or watching a sit com or any untrue tv show, or sitting on the internet all day...stuffy bastard!

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
Here is how I see us, as in you and I...

I am Billy Madison and you are the guy that says JACKASS every chance he gets! HAHAHAHA!
Except you really are a jackass. :D

ummbikes

Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
SkaredShtles said:
I've heard that Leni Riefenstahl was one of the best filmmakers of her era.

-S.S.-

Yep, she was brilliant. Evil, and a Nazi, but brilliant. She was the best at filming the human body in motion. Her film Olympia pioneered sports film.

There is a documentary called Die Macht der Bilder about her life, she is interviewed by the filmakers and they are like a couple of pitbulls when they question her about Hitler and the Nazis.

The other filmmaker whose work I mentioned is Alain Resnais. Nite and Fog horrified me. I literally had nitemares for weeks after watching it.

So did who is the favorite after episode one of this seasons American Idol. I like the youth pastor from who sang isn't she lovely.

ummbikes

Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
SkaredShtles said:
Was she actually a Nazi? I haven't done any reading about her, but I've heard conflicting reports.........

-S.S.-
She hung out with Goebels and Hitler, they ate meals together, enjoyed each others company, she denied being a Nazi until she died in 2003. I say she is a Nazi.

ummbikes

Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
DownhillnDunkey said:
Racial stuff deleted.
You might actually have a shred of credibility in you arguement, there was a time when Spain was run over by the Moors. I doubt however, that your arguement is based on this.

I'm offensive? So be it.

Obsessed, nah, I'm just home sick with a sinus infection and bored, looking to banter about on Ridemonkey. Your lack of capitol letters has rubbed me wrong today. :rolleyes:

What are you guys talking about? Yeah the show sucks, but none of you can tell me that you don't laugh your head off when these people (who suck) show the whole world how stupid they are and the fact that the worst singers think they are the best. It was kind of interesting last year though, because the girl Diana DeGarmo goes to the high school graduated from, also is the school my mother works at.

I know I sound like a girl but, it is great to watch other people humiliate themselves. It reassures me that there are dumber people out there then myself.

Ride Hard

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<PURA VIDA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

ummbikes

Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
IronJim said:
i wouldnt know because im not a fag

The best performer tonite was that freestyling 16 year old rapper gal. I liked her just a tad more than the girl who grew up on a farm. That isn't to say the farmers daughter wasn't good, she could likely have a hit on country radio now if she had a contract.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Sorry to lock your thread kids. DownhillDunkey and IronJim, here is your warning, if you have a problem with other member's race, this is not the place for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.