Quantcast

Amish Mafia. OMFG

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Been home sick all day, catching up on the contents of my DVR. Guess I recorded Amish Mafia...

I'm not going to say a hell of a lot, I kind of want to see what you mouth breathers think. However, I do appreciate that the Black Amish got arrested in a high speed chase. It keeps the show thuggish, which is the first think I think of when I think of the Amish.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Once NFL season is over my cable subscription is gone.
With a couple beers in them my kids are just as trashy yet far more imaginative than current programming.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I just got beyond basic cable, because Wifey is stuck at home with Haley all day. God only knows what she watches, but I now get Speed, NatGeo, BBC America (Top Gear), and the History channel. That is enough for me.

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
I caught part of it last night before and after that moonshine show (also staged) and wow... who the fvck would think that is real/interesting? I'm glad we don't have cable. I stream or go to bars for football and download movies and good tv shows. That's about all I need.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
You can blame Fox/COPS for reailty TV... my favorite staged shows are Pawn Stars and Storage Wars. :)

PS: for those who think their disdain for TV makes them culturally superior... you are on the FREAKING internet !!!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
and yet you believe in your elected officials...
Wherever did you get that idea? I believe in a certain slant of democratic principles. People, as a general rule, I have very little faith in. Hence my particular political leanings. IIRC you voted in November did you not? You don't exactly strike me as a guy who has a lot of faith in the human race yourself.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
You can suggest all you want.

*edit:
To be clear, I'm not equating Married With Children (a show I didn't actually like all that much), All in the Family (before my time), or Family Guy with televised tripe like Amish Mafia, Honey Boo Boo or Jersey shore. Social commentary as comedy /= lowest common denominator "reality" television.

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
*edit:
To be clear, I'm not equating Married With Children (a show I didn't actually like all that much), All in the Family (before my time), or Family Guy with televised tripe like Amish Mafia, Honey Boo Boo or Jersey shore. Social commentary as comedy /= lowest common denominator "reality" television.
Good because the Bundy's are classy!