Quantcast

An actual bike question....hydraulic brakes

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
ok, juicy's rule. At first, they feel just like hayes. However, after 2 full days at Whistler, my hands weren't tired and I was still single finger braking. I love them.

Save some $$$ and go with the 5s. The red knob on mine our useless.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
robdamanii said:
Hayes HFX 9 with carbon levers, Juicy 5's or Juicy 7s?

Any opinions? Does the adjustability on the Juicy 7's make any difference at all? And if not, is there any difference between Juicy 5's and HFX 9s?

Juicy 7's for XC and Trail riding at least. Adjustability... depends on what you want. HFX9 have mixed reviews, some people love them, some people hate them.

I got a killer deal oin juicy sevens. Cambria bike ahd them for 129.99 each. I wen to performce, used a 20% off coupon, bought a full set (f+r) asked for the pricematch in the comments section, and told them not to ship if they couldn't match. Thay marked them down to $129.99 and then 400k 20% off, with shiping ans tax I paid about $230 for the whole deal, and since I belong to team performance I got $23 back in team performance coupons.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
So i've got a vote for Juicys in general, and one for each the 5's and 7's. Hopes and El-Caminos aren't on my list for deals right now, so what I've got is:

Hayes for about 200
Juicy 5's for about 215
Juicy 7's for about 270

Trying to figure out which is the best deal, most bang for the buck, and will suit my trail riding as I get more aggressive with it.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
caputo1989 said:
Then get the Jucy 5's The hayes are good but overrated. The 7's are nice but you dont need the red knob thing. The 5's are best because they are the most ethical price and feel just as good if not better than the 7's.
I use my red knob pretty frequently. (Huh, huh huh, he said red knob.)

Seriously, I think it's a good feature, helps adjust for pad wear and different conditions. But yeah avids over hayes.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
I have had no problems whatsoever with my HFX-9s besides having to lengthen the hose, and I had no ethical problems with buying them either.

J

JRB

The red knob does work, but I rarely use it. I have, though. I would get the 5s.

J

JRB

robdamanii said:
Juicy 7s on the way, if anybody cared. Thanks for the help folks.
I care. I'm really big on thread closure. Let bluebug know that I am still working on specs for the road bike. I hope to get down tomorrow. My friend ended up being tied up all weekend.