Quantcast

an Afternoon at Callahan

splat

Nam I am
Today , my son had a Little leguae game at Noon , so I was not able to do the usual Morning ride. after his game was gone , I got a call from SloMoJo , who had similar time conflicts , he and Berkshire_rider ( who was playing golf in the AM -- GOLF !!! WTF! ) were Meeting at Callahan at 4pm on the Marlboro Side. I said Sure, they Hit me with One Cavat , I had to bring the Heavy Bike, The Giant AC1. so I agreed knowing that Callahan is an XC place!

any Way we got there , and in Tha parking lot the truck next to me had a Great Home made Bike rake in the back of his truck , so I had to Take a picture of it !

so Off we went , I'm still trying to get used to the AC1 , the seatpost is way to Short so Most of the ride I was too low. But that didn't stop me.

any way we had been riding along when we canme to this stack of National Geograhic Magazines. what are they doing in the middle of the woods ?

There were a couple of Horse Jumps out there , and we of course had to play on those. Now why Do Horse get to make stunts But Bikes Can't ??

SloMoJo going over the horse jump and yes he made it.

at the top of one of he hills , Berkshire_rider and SloMoJo.

now we wnt over to the Frammingham side , which is very XC came upon this big Mud Hole. Berkshire rider , went through aon a couple of Rock, after a Moment SloMoJo and I Noticed the trail had Been built up on the one side going through/over a Stone wall around the mud hole and back over on the other side.
here is SloMoJo, going through the wall.

Now back to the Marlboro side and up a very difficult rocky trail up.

SloMoJo Going right up the gut of it and made it .

Berkshire Rider using the line I attempted to use , neither He or I made it , although he made it farther than I did.

a Screaming Down Hill that was going around the out skirts of a Field , Lots of Fun , Big grin .

down By the pond isa Neat looking trail with a Nice canopy of Pines , and lots of roots down Below.

and then you have to cross the stream bed leaving the Pond

and Fianlly , we are almost there SloMoJo ! berkshire_rider is right behind him hidden quite nicely.

Lots o fun, next time , I want my XC bike !!