Quantcast

An Afternoon with Zachdank

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
It's the same story everywhere. You are right... which is why I ride street...
So - you can make whatever argument you want for illegal activities, etc... my only point is that groms learn by example.

Just saying.
Last time I checked, unless you're in the street, 99% of street riding is illegal...

You mentioned before in frustration that most cops are preoccupied in writing tickets for riding on the sidewalk. So that leads me to believe that you probably were ticketed for just that. Soo I would think you were up to no good which in this discussion you are a hipocrate as well. I probably didn't spell that right...

All I'm getting at is if you're gonna preach, make sure your ish don't stink. I admit I'm dirty dirty dirty when I ride. Not proud of it just honest.

Strauss

Monkey
Aug 22, 2007
Last time I checked, unless you're in the street, 99% of street riding is illegal...

You mentioned before in frustration that most cops are preoccupied in writing tickets for riding on the sidewalk. So that leads me to believe that you probably were ticketed for just that. Soo I would think you were up to no good which in this discussion you are a hipocrate as well. I probably didn't spell that right...

All I'm getting at is if you're gonna preach, make sure your ish don't stink. I admit I'm dirty dirty dirty when I ride. Not proud of it just honest.
Instead of using conjectures I want you to go back and specifically quote where I contradicted myself and am therefore am a hypocrite. You're reaching and you obviously don't grasp what my point was or is, because you are commenting on a side conversation that took place later in this thread. Clutch, Reverse, Stop - Read, move along.

Also - while there may be no tangible prize for flexing my intellectual prowess on the internet, I can be assured that I'm definitely not as naive as many people are on here and thats enough to keep my typing all night long.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
Instead of using conjectures I want you to go back and specifically quote where I contradicted myself and am therefore am a hypocrite. You're reaching and you obviously don't grasp what my point was or is, because you are commenting on a side conversation that took place later in this thread. Clutch, Reverse, Stop - Read, move along.

Also - while there may be no tangible prize for flexing my intellectual prowess on the internet, I can be assured that I'm definitely not as naive as many people are on here and thats enough to keep my typing all night long.
Who are you? I'm not gonna go and grab stuff for you, you're a joke. You obviously have some superiority complex, go ride a bike or something.

I read this Zack Dank appriciation thread this morning when I got into work. Got back on the board after lunch and noticed a lot of post for this thread. I thought there would be people giving Zack dap on his interview instead of some ass threadjacking it. I read through the posts with you talking about setting an example for the young ones. Fine but then you stated you ride street. Don't cover it up with a bunch of intellectual stabs at me, it's obvious. I'm not even close to being a scholar and yea your brain is probably bigger than my arse. Who cares, I punch a clock and then ride my bike. I'm done with you.

Piece,
Richard

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Instead of using conjectures I want you to go back and specifically quote where I contradicted myself and am therefore am a hypocrite.

Ok, here we go...

I'm with you on a lot of what you said...

I just find it contradictory that you complain about kids partying at the trails and causing the trails to get shut down, and you say you don't know "Where that comes from".

But I believe it is you in the Dusk Till Dirt teaser that is drinking a Blue Ribbon on your bike next to a set of dirt jumps.

here you accuse somebody of setting a bad example.

So you don't think those kids watch the BMX movies and follow suite?
Again, accusation of setting a bad example.

It's the same story everywhere. You are right... which is why I ride street because everything you mentioned is unavoidable unless they are kept secret. Thats the only thing that works. sometimes.
this is where you claim what you do...

As far as I'm aware, and in my past experience, this is true. Combined with the above statement, we can conclude that you were, in fact, breaking the law (insert Judas Priest music here lol)

You'd think they would be more concerned with drivers, like you said but IMO most cops aren't out there actually catching the bad people from driving their cars drunk because they are waisting too much time writing me tickets for riding on a sidewalk.
This reinforces the previous comment. In conjunction with the above statements, we can draw the conclusion that you were not following the rules, and as such were setting a bad example.

Honestly, who cares. At one point or another all of us occupy a gray legal area when it comes to riding bikes. So what if he was having a beer by the trails? He wasn't the one causing the problems. His primary purpose at the location in question involved 2 wheels, not alcohol. As stated before, the problem did not lie with the bikers, but with the other population that frequented the location with no intent to ride bikes. They were only there to drink and do drugs and squat. This is where the problem arose. I have seen it before in many other parts of the country. So chastising one person for having a beer at trails he helps maintain and keep clean when the real problems lie with a separate party(s) altogether seems a moot point to me.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Oh and Zach, mad props for keeping positive through the ordeal.... having the jumps torn down and not being so torn up about it that it prevents you from doing what you love.

PS I live in the south bay and have a shovel if you ever need a hand :thumb:

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track

Your "intellectual prowess?" Geez, dude, come off it. You're not the only internet user who has an education. Some of us just choose to not come off as such a tool. You are calling out Zach for being a hypocrite and we're saying it only seems hypocritical if you don't understand the context of his statement. Now that you understand it (I think), you are still saying it's hypocritical when it's not.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Most importantly:

Dirt jumps are not built FOR kids and they sure as hell are never built BY kids.

Don't like grownups drinking beer there? Don't let them ride there.

Teach them the value of a shovel and some earned capital.

We all know it's that crazy hip hop music that makes them do bad things anyway.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Most importantly:

Dirt jumps are not built FOR kids and they sure as hell are never built BY kids.

Don't like grownups drinking beer there? Don't let them ride there.

Teach them the value of a shovel and some earned capital.

We all know it's that crazy hip hop music that makes them do bad things anyway.
I'm 24 and still consider myself a kid (hell I work at a toy company). But I also like drinking beer... what should I do???

edit: I also like hop-hop music, is that a problem?

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Props to littermag and Zach for the pictorial/audio clips. Everything makes sense if you've dug trails before. Lots of good quotes from Zach in there and I especially like the sounds of the shovel while the interview is going on - no standing w/ the shovel and talking for that guy!

The answer to the question "Why do you keep coming back if it's such a struggle?" is awesome.

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
if only kids nowAday let jesus into their hearts and let hiphop music out of their hearts, the lips on all trails worldwide would get boosted at least 2 more feet.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Play Hip-Hop backwards.

It causes your pants to magically rise up to your waist, your underwear to vanish, your hat to turn around, and your speech to suddenly become coherent. :D

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
all that "opinion" and "personal prefrence" talk sounds like he's a radical, like he's from Al Qudia or the Iraqia or something. this here country is United Americas and we got a right and wrong way of doing things.
Gotcha. I think I hit my head one to many times, I don't always pick up on the sarcasm.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Oh great.

Now my kid is going to want to grow to be a robot AND and alcoholic.

Why must you show these horrible things to my mush minded children over who's development I am completely powerless.

Raise my children correctly! It's your internet duty!!
when I was a kid, I wanted to grow up and be a Transformer. When I found out this wasn't an option, I opted not to grow up.

Strauss

Monkey
Aug 22, 2007
Your "intellectual prowess?" Geez, dude, come off it. You're not the only internet user who has an education. Some of us just choose to not come off as such a tool. You are calling out Zach for being a hypocrite and we're saying it only seems hypocritical if you don't understand the context of his statement. Now that you understand it (I think), you are still saying it's hypocritical when it's not.
Who said I had an education?

I only say that it is still contradictory - for just about everyone who didn't have the benefit of this forum to set the record straight. Without the input of a few of you, I would still be thinking Zach was just hating on groms while setting the example that they follow.

See what I'm sayin'?

Strauss

Monkey
Aug 22, 2007
Who are you? I'm not gonna go and grab stuff for you, you're a joke. You obviously have some superiority complex, go ride a bike or something.

I read this Zack Dank appriciation thread this morning when I got into work. Got back on the board after lunch and noticed a lot of post for this thread. I thought there would be people giving Zack dap on his interview instead of some ass threadjacking it. I read through the posts with you talking about setting an example for the young ones. Fine but then you stated you ride street. Don't cover it up with a bunch of intellectual stabs at me, it's obvious. I'm not even close to being a scholar and yea your brain is probably bigger than my arse. Who cares, I punch a clock and then ride my bike. I'm done with you.

Piece,
Richard
I punch 2 clocks and then I ride my bike.