Quantcast

An amazing LBS needs your help!

bockner

Monkey
Jun 21, 2005
bellevue, wa
My favorite LBS is up for a Microsoft award that will help it totally re-vamp their computers and network making them an ever better shop and they will finally be able to get a on-line store too!

This is an NYC shop and even in Manhattan they carry all the big bike gear and have the best service from the best mechanics.

I used to live down the street and they were like family right down to the shop dog who would lay out on 34th street. Even now that I live in Seattle I bought my most recent bike from them and had them ship it.

Here is the link to vote, you dont need to register and it will help one of the best shops in the country (as rated by bicycling magazine) get even better!

www.sbsummit.com/Tech-Makeover.aspx

Thanks for the help!

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
My favorite LBS is up for a Microsoft award that will help it totally re-vamp their computers and network making them an ever better shop and they will finally be able to get a on-line store too!

This is an NYC shop and even in Manhattan they carry all the big bike gear and have the best service from the best mechanics.

I used to live down the street and they were like family right down to the shop dog who would lay out on 34th street. Even now that I live in Seattle I bought my most recent bike from them and had them ship it.

Here is the link to vote, you dont need to register and it will help one of the best shops in the country (as rated by bicycling magazine) get even better!

www.sbsummit.com/Tech-Makeover.aspx

Thanks for the help!
Voted. Thanks for the heads up.

Sid's rocks. One of the most welcoming atmospheres I've ever experienced in a bike shop. Always helpful, never too pushy.

Plus, they hired Doc to make a couple fixtures for their new shop when he was in transition before SuperCo. I haven't been to their new space (we moved before it opened) but from what my old man said they had really sound ideas on how the layout of the new shop was going to improve the customers experience.

Vote for Sid's.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I'm pretty sure that Microsoft sucks balls and receiving an "award" from them is like a Special Olympics ceremony.

and/or

I think parking will be a nightmare for all of the Geek Squad cars everyday.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
C'mon Stinkyboy, it's okay you don't like MS, you can still toss in a vote for the bike shop...can'tcha?

Pretty darn funny though that some folks are unable to view the video...even on their MS-OS computers.

Sep 1, 2007
16 powers st BKLN NY
While East Germans can give a little shout of Joy, sadly, our friends at Sid's were eked out of first place by teens in unitards (we almost punched out our monitors when we watched the results).

Fortunately, second place still gets $10,000 in technology upgrades so there is good news all around. Congrats, boys (and thanks for the tequila!).

WWW.SIDSBIKES.COM