Quantcast

an epic roadtrip this summer is going to be hard

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
when our gas/travel expenses will will be comparable to a plane ticket somewhere far, far, away.

we are looking at $775 on gas (a conservative estimate & with todays prices not Junes or west coast prices :dead: ) just to get to Seattle. :mumble:
I know I can find plave tix to europe for about $500 a piece & somewhere waaaayy south for cheaper.

I guess another option would be a road trip to New England (about 2k miles closer).

whats a :monkey: to do?

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
TN said:
I guess another option would be a road trip to New England (about 2k miles closer).

whats a :monkey: to do?
C'mon up! We'll be happy to show you around.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
If you were just going to PNW and no where in between, ship your bikes or take 'em on the plane with you?

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
LordOpie said:
If you were just going to PNW and no where in between, ship your bikes or take 'em on the plane with you?
yes, but then we would only get to see the tetons, yellowstone, the rockies, etc... from 30k feet. i did think about that though. can you take a US rental car to CA? flying to seattle & driving to BC would be cool.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
SkaredShtles said:
Forget the cost - go on the trip. That experiece will be worth *way* more than $775.........

What was it going to cost originally? Like $600?

-S.S.-
whatever we do, it will be worth it. deciding what to do is the hard part. after looking at your Fruita thread, 2 weeks tooling around Colorado sounds like fun. :thumb:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Unfortunately it looks like high gas prices are part of the forseeable future. It's definitely going to impact my summer trips. :(

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
TN said:
whatever we do, it will be worth it. deciding what to do is the hard part. after looking at your Fruita thread, 2 weeks tooling around Colorado sounds like fun. :thumb:
Dude - hit up Crested Butte. They've got some *epic* snowpack this year which means the wildflowers will be insane this summer. You could ride some trails with flowers armpit deep! :thumb:

-S.S.-

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
SkaredShtles said:
Dude - hit up Crested Butte. They've got some *epic* snowpack this year which means the wildflowers will be insane this summer. You could ride some trails with flowers armpit deep! :thumb:

-S.S.-
When's a good time to do that and which trail.

I've only been once :( but it was on my mtb :)