Quantcast

An every day time waster you all need to do...

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
@Delphi

Basically, this game/site is hilarious and a lot of fun. I suggest you guys play. I got introduced to it through a coworker or mine. I am currently ranked 18th.

So who is joining me?

Here is a little info from the site:
New to @Delphi? Here's your quick and dirty guide.
@Delphi is essentially an online game, and an online community, but you don't care about that yet. I promise the game is damn fun to play. Here's how it works: you predict the outcomes of all sorts of little things, we keep track of how well you do. If at the end of 2 weeks you're winning, you win stuff. The game costs nothing whatsoever to play. Unlike other sites, our questions are all short-term and more "opinion-oriented", presented with humor and often times something resembling a blog-post or rant.

Ever make a stupid bet with your friends? Think of playing @Delphi as making lots of stupid bets. We ask all sorts of stuff: "Who will win the super bowl?" "What will the temperature be in Baton Rouge tomorrow?" By clicking "Active Prophecies" you can see what's on the table. Each week you have 50 prediction points to spend on our restricted questions in hopes of earning competition points. A question that costs 1 prediction point is worth 1 competition point, unless of course you see a nice bold free in the question description signifying that it's either a daily or featured prophecy and you can prophecize without cost. You can think of prediction points as your wager or allowance for answering questions. If you don't spend all of your prediction points each week, you lose what's left, and get reset to 50 each week (see dedicated access). Since competitions are 2 weeks total, you get a total of 100 prediction points to spend for a competition. The person with the most competition points at the end wins.

That is all the info you need to get started. Good luck, if you're good you'll need very little of it.

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
I have about 35 points left and I've predicted on all of them. Are there generally enough in a week to use up all your points?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Yeah, they add new ones every hour or so. Also, once more people start playing, more questions will also be added. The points reset every Monday I think so I normally try to predict every question I can.