Quantcast

An expensive night

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Note: 1£ = $1.70 USD if I remember right....

£16,000 STRIP CLUB BILL

A top insurance executive has run up a £16,000 bill after a night at a New York strip club.

Mitchell Blaser, 53, is now suing Scores club in Manhattan, claiming he was swindled.

However, club owners insist Mr Blaser, chief financial officer of the Americas division of Swiss Re, was simply having a good time.

They claim Mr Blaser ordered five magnums of Clos Du Mesnil Champagne at £1,800 each during a night of extravagance in December.

Mr Blaser's lawyer, Leonard Zack, said his client was expecting a bill of about £2,000 from the club, whose previous customers include Irish actor Colin Farrell.

"They probably do it to a lot of people who don't want to do anything," Mr Zack said.

Mr Blaser filed a police complaint and then launched a lawsuit in a Manhattan court.

Scores spokesman Lonnie Hanover said Mr Blaser charged £4,000 worth of Diamond Dollars - the club's currency - to his American Express card and bought a string of lap dances.

As well as the champagne, Mr Blaser allegedly ordered £280 worth of shots and food.

"At £7,000, he had a dozen girls hanging on to his words for several hours," Mr Hanover said.

Mr Hanover told the New York Daily News that the club has Mr Blaser's signed receipts to prove "this is a totally frivolous lawsuit".

"It is very intoxicating being surrounded by beautiful girls," he added.

"This man purchased our most expensive bottle of champagne. It is rated the best in the world.

"You can have a wonderful bottle of champagne for $300. This is the extreme. The last person to buy one was a head of state."

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
I heard the story on the radio and they said $28,000 USD. They said he threw down $4,000 as a staff (non-strippers) tip.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Originally posted by nicklin
this is exactly what's wrong with america. We have folks who are barely making ends meet and then someone who blows 20+ grand on a strip club thne bitch about it.
And how much more will he spend on the lawyers and court fee's... moron!

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
This is a funny thread....

I went to Las Vegas with my buddies in August of last year. Ofcouse they wanted to go to a strip club (hey why not it's vegas!) so I went along (though the girlfriend was in the room sleeping :) )

Well.....after it was $20 a person to get in, I wasn't about to buy some dirty stripper a watered down drink for $7.50 but that didn't stop my buddies. I think they pissed away $100-120 each with lapdances and about $100 on drinks each (for them and the girls)

Best part of all, I got 2 lapdances from them because they got drunk, hehe pays to have friends who are stupid when they get drinking. I'll admit, the last girl that talked to me for like half an hour after she was done and wasn't looking for anything more than a conversation (because I asked her, she wasn't getting $20 for every 5 minutes of talking to me) and she was way chill. Best experience I've had in one of those places yet!

So..........total for the night was a few hundred $$$. A year earlier another friend of ours went and dropped $900-1000 at 1 strip club there. I know he didn't have the money but was bitter for months after loosing that much. No gripes though from him :)

$24,000 is alot of difference to drop. I hope he banged one or something for that price. That is just a obscene amount of money to drop on that. He can thank Mr. Bush for giving him a multi-thousand tax break but us working folk get like nothing.

Wonder what his wife thinks about this one?