Quantcast

An update on my cousin.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Found out more on what exactly. He was heading back from a party with 3 other friends(no alchohol involved) and went to pass a person in another car in a legal passing zone, the person in the other car wouldn't let him pass and sped up, he got past him finally but the person in the other car flashed the headlights startling him and sent him into a gaurd rail and tumbling into a cornfield. Everyone in the car got thrown out of the car(seatbelts broke) my cousin and two of his friends are in the hospital the third one was medivaced to a different hospital in a coma and died friday morning. My cousin isn't being charged in this ordeal, the police are currently looking for the described car that my cousins two friends and a witness described.

Got a chance to visit my cousin today he is doing well, hurting obviously but is in very good spirits. Also seen the car, it is a mess.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
WOW that really sucks!!!! If it is a true fact that the seatbelts did break, I'm sure there is a major lawsuit on hand. What was he driving at the time of the accident? It does sound kinda fishy that ALL the seatbelts broke though.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Brian HCM#1 said:
I have a feeling they wern't wearing seatbelts, it's too bad. Reguardless, loosing a friend sucks:(
The only one who didn't have the seatbelt on was my cousin. The two surviving friends both said that seatbelts were on. If I remember, you need more than one instance to have a major recall to be issued.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
wow some scary stuff... Im sorry to hear about the loss of a life for something freakish that just happens. I am glad to hear your cousin is doing well...

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Rip said:
The only one who didn't have the seatbelt on was my cousin. The two surviving friends both said that seatbelts were on. If I remember, you need more than one instance to have a major recall to be issued.
But a broken seatbelt is VERY serious, Acura has had issues in the past with there belts.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Brian HCM#1 said:
But a broken seatbelt is VERY serious, Acura has had issues in the past with there belts.
True, I'm just glad that my cousin is alive and that his other two friends weren't killed, sucks about the one who did, as he was friends with him since the age of 10.